Daniel Lopes, B.Eng
007 - December/2015
How to detect skin cancer
- What is cancer?
- Types of skin cancer
- The ABCDE rule
What is cancer?
Cancer is the name given to a range of more than 100 diseases that
have in common the growth other body regions.
Cancer is the malignant tumor, otherwise is benign tumor.
- known in medical fields as neoplasm.
Types of skin cancer
The skin cancer can be: Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
Carcinoma and Melanoma.
All they are
has 5% of
cases with 5%
chance. It’s the worst skin cancer,
The ABCDE rule
Created by Stolz in 1994 to facilite the melanoma detection
All has to be with surgery with post treatment to control metastasis.
Radiotherapy: It is a form of systemic cancer treatment that uses
drugs called "chemotherapy" (or antineoplastic) administered at regular
intervals, which vary with the treatment regimens.
Chemotherapy:Radiation therapy is local or regional treatment method
of cancer using different site equipment and techniques to irradiate
areas of the human body, prior and carefully marked.
1) Examine your body front and back in mirror, then right and left of
the body, with arms raised, including the armpits.
2) Bend your elbows and look carefully at your forearms, arms and
hands, front and back.
3) Look behind your legs and feet, the spaces in the toes and soles.
4) Examine back of the neck and scalp with a hand mirror, separating
the hair with a comb.
5) Check the bottom of the buttocks and genital regions with hand