Made by:- Pinaki
A Computer is an
electronic device that
can perform a variety
of operations in
accordance with a set of instruction
Types of Computer:-
• Micro computer
• Super computer
Digital computer, any of a class of devices
capable of solving problems by processing
information in discrete form. It operates on
data, including magnitudes, letters, and
symbols, that are expressed in binary
form—i.e., using only the two digits 0 and
It can be classified into two categories:-
1. Special purpose computer:-
It is the one which designed to
perform only one specific task.
2. General purpose computer:-
It is one that can store any
programs and can thus be used
in countless applications.
Size & Performance wise
They are classified into four
2. Mini computers
3. Mainframe computers
4. Super computers.
A microcomputer is a small, computer with a
microprocessor as its central processing unit
(CPU).Microcomputers became popular in the 1970s and
80s with the advent of increasingly powerful
Home:- Families use microcomputers for education;
software can hold thousands of book volumes worth of
Medical uses:- The first microcomputer (dubbed the "Sac
State 8008") was built specifically for storing medical
1. Smaller than mini computer.
2. High speed computer but less than Mini.
1. Experts are required to operate.
2. Limited hardware devices are connected.
ECD Micro mind
Data point 2200
A minicomputer, or colloquially mini, is a class of smaller
computers that evolved in the mid-1960s.
They use of transistors and core memory
technologies, minimal instructions sets and less
expensive peripherals such as the ubiquitous
Teletype Model 33 ASR.
1. Higher processing speed.
2. Smaller size.
1. Cannot connect all hardware.
2. Cannot execute all languages.
1. The first successful Western
minicomputer was Digital
12-bit PDP-8, which was built
using discrete transistors and
cost from US$16,000 upwards
when launched in 1964.
2. The 7400 series of TTL
in minicomputers in
the late 1960s.
The term referred to the large cabinets that housed the
central processing unit and main memory of early
Modern mainframes can run
multiple different instances
of operating systems at the
1. Smaller in size.
2. Large memory capacity.
3. Allowing networking of up to 100 terminals.
4. Expensive (5-20 lacs)
1. Experts and highly professionals are required to
2. Sophisticated technology.
1. IBM system 3
The fastest type of computer. Supercomputers are very
expensive and are employed for specialized applications
that require immense amounts of mathematical
calculations. For example, weather forecasting requires a
1. Weather forecasting, aerodynamic research,
2. 3D nuclear test simulations,
3. Radiation shielding modeling,
4. Molecular Dynamics Simulation,etc.
The fastest supercomputer in the world is used to study
alternative energy resources and climate change
simulations in a global level.
2. Sequoia:-This one’s a life saver.
USA doesn’t have to actually
conduct nuclear tests anymore,
Sequoia simulates them. This one
makes sure that the nuclear
weapons are ready for action
any time of the day.
3. IBM Mira:- Mira by IBM, simulates the evolution of the
Universe. It also runs the climate change scenarios and
helps in research of more efficient car batteries.
Super computer in India
• PARAM yuva II
• I Data Plex DX360M4
• Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c Gen8
• SAGA - Z24XX/SL390s Cluster
PARAM is a series of gigaflop supercomputers
designed and assembled by the Centre for
Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
in Pune, India. The latest machine in the series
is the PARAM Yuva II.
“Param means supreme in
An analog computer is a form of
computer that uses the continuously
changeable aspects of physical
phenomena such as electrical,
mechanical, or hydraulic quantities to
Model the problem being solved.
1. Measuring temperature, pressure, speed,
Hybrid computers are computers that exhibit
features of analog computers and digital
1. A petrol pump contains a processor that converts
fuel flow measurements into quantity and price
2. In hospital Intensive Care Unit (ICU), an analog
device is used which measures patient's blood
pressure and temperature etc, which are then
converted and displayed in the form of digits.
A Personal computer is a desktop computer in a
form intended for regular use at a single
location, as opposed to a mobile laptop or
1. They are cheaper than other computers.
2. Easy to handle.
3. Low electricity consumption.
4. Less heat produced.
5. Use machine language as well as human
6. In my point of view, there is no disadvantages.