17th of May at Tokyo, Japan
Ville Keränen, ville@banana.ﬁ, +358 40 731 2084
No class rooms but open ofﬁce space
No Teachers but Team Coaches
No exams but real life projects
No teaching but learning
No lectures but Dialogue
No simulations but real customers
No virtual but real companies
What do you learn at Tiimiakatemia?
Team Work & Project Management
Sales & Marketing Skills
Learning to Learn
Marketing & Leadership
= Team Entrepreneurship
Based on author’s experience at Tiimiakatemia Jyväskylä, Finland.
• JAMK University of Applied Science’s unit
and a 3,5 -year BBA program for
• Founded in 1993 by Mr. Johannes
• Follows Finland’s and European union
standards, certiﬁcations and regulations.
• Approx. 180 students in over 10 teams and
7 team coaches.
• ”Flagship Tiimiakatemia”
• Over 500 BBA graduates.
• 100 % funded by Finnish society. No
education fees for students.
Tiimiakatemia’s Rohkeat Tekijät meetup in Helsinki, May 2015.
Tiimiakatemia Book Domains
• Teams & Community Building
• Team Coaching
• Self-Development / Personal Mastery
Tiimiakatemia Global’s CEO Heikki Toivanen on the left, and
Tiimiakatemia Founder, Johannes Partanen on the right.
Tiimiakatemia Core Books
• The Wisdom of Strategic Learning by
• The Fifth Discipline by Senge, P.
• The Experience Economy by Pine, J. & Gilmore,
• The Leadership Challenge by Kouzes, J. M., &
Posner, B. Z.
• The Wisdom of Teams by Katzenbach, J. &
• The Knowledge Creating Company by Nonaka, I.
& Takeuchi H.
• Dialogue and The Art of Thinking Together by
• 1000 more books in the Tiimiakatemia booklist
by Johannes Partanen.
List made by Ville Keränen, Inspired by the Founder of Tiimiakatemia, Johannes Partanen.
Theory and Practice
Reading books & writing book essays:
Team training sessions where applications of theory are dialogued
Experiences gained from practice in real life projects are
reflected upon and shared in training sessions.
Slide adapted from material by Mr. Jukka Hassinen, from Tiimiakatemia Global.
“Dialogue is simple. When one speaks,
others listen.” -Etienne Collignon
• Voicing - Using your own genuine
• Listen - generously making space for
what someone has to say
• Respect - honoring the dignity of
• Suspending - In order to gain new
perspectives, letting go of your belief
that you are right.
1. What went well? What did I
2. What could have been
3. What new ideas I got? What
did I learn?
4. What will I apply into
practice? What will I
experiment and prototype?