What IS Bluetooth ?
• Bluetooth Is A Wireless Technology
Standard For Exchanging Data Over
• Bluetooth Is Send Multiple Data Or
Some Data To Short Distance Without
• In 1994, Ericsson Mobile Communication
Ltd. Started project named “Bluetooth”.
• In 1998, Bluetooth SIG was formed and it
officially adopts the project name
“Bluetooth” as the name of technology.
Spread Spectrum Technology
was used for data transformation
NEED FOR BLUETOOTH
You don’t have to think about it.
What Can Bluetooth Do For You?
Personal Ad Hoc
COMPONENTS OF ARCHITECTURE
• Radio Front End (RF)
• Defines characteristics of RF, frequency bands,
channel arrangements & receiver sensitivity level.
• Logical Link Control & Adaptation Protocol (L2CAP)
• For transporting bigger data products to higher
• Service Discovery Protocol (SDP)
• To query and discover services supported by peer
• Link Manager Protocol (LMP)
• PICONET, master slave role assignments and link
• Security configuration by device authentication using
• Provides transport capabilities for high level services.
CREATION OF A SCATTERNET
A Master or
Slave can become
Slave in another
piconet by being
paged by the
Master in this
: Future of Bluetooth :
• Success of Bluetooth depends on how well it is integrated into
• Consumers are more interested in applications than the
• Bluetooth must be successfully integrated into consumer
• Must provide benefits for consumer
Key Success Factors :
Mass Production at Low Cost
Ease of Use
End User Experience
ADVANTAGES OF BLUETOOTH
• Bluetooth is used widely across countries and almost by
• It has simple features.
• It is free of charge and not added to our budget.
• It has the ability to keep our information private.
• It provides ranges of up to 100 meters.
DISADVANTAGES OF BLUETOOTH
• More all day.
power when Bluetooth is enable on the
Throughout all device, when using Bluetooth internet, the
• connection sometimes may run very slow so Bluetooth
internet is not highly suggested for all cases.
data rates of up to M Bps, which
• provides very haverates for data transfer,4while Bluetooth
only offers 1 MBps
a short range radio link wireless
• Bluetooth isused to connect various device by
a invisible link getting rid of wires.
• Last but not the least, WHENEVERthis is the
best way of communication.