Sanita Āboltiņa (Lietniece) Comenius School Partnership 2011-2013
Presentation made bystudents from class 1b Posters, photos, videos ofpresentation, information about the athlete Part 2
• My name is Sanita Āboltiņa (Lietniece).• I was born in Viesite, on April30, 1974. At the age of three months I fell ill with cerebral palsy (poliomyelitis). I’ve got one sister – my twin sister. For many years I lived in Ropaži. When I was three to six years old I stayed in sanatoriums.• In 1982 till 1992 I learned at Raiskuma sanatorium boarding school.
• On July 27, 1992, I joined sports club for disabled people “Optimists”, thus I started my sport activities that lasted for 13 years till 2005. During the first years I participated in competitions in Latvia and showed good results. In 1994 I began to work with my coach Aldis Šūpolnieks. Up to 1994 I showed the qualification results for Atlanta Paralympic Games and I was included in Latvian team.
• 1996. Atlanta Paralympic Games.• Five athletes from Latvia participated in them.• I ran 100 m (the 5th place) and did discus-throwing (the 5th place).
• 1998. World championship in track-and-field athletics in Birmingham, UK. I took part in three disciplines- 100 m race, shot-put, discus-throwing.• This was the last time I ran 100m distance.
This world championship was really successful for me. I • Year 2000. Paralympic won two gold medals: in Games in Sydney. discus-throwing and shot- • I took part in two put, as well the 7th place in disciplines: discus-throwing 100m distance. It helped and shot-put. me to get the pass to Sydney Paralympic Games.
• In 2001 I joined Yurmala Accountancy College and graduated from it in 2003.
• Year 2002. World championship in track-and-field athletics in Asena, France. I took part in shot-put (4th place)and discus-throwing (3rd place).
• 2004 gads. Atēnu • 2003. Athens Paralympic Paralimpiskās spēles. Startēju Games. diska mešanā un lodes grūšanā. Ieguvu 12 vietu lodes • I participated in discus- grūšanā un 11 vietu diska throwing (the 11th place) and mešanā. Atēnas bija manas shot-put (the 12th place). pēdējās Paralimpiskās spēles. • Athens were the last paralympic games where I participated.
• In 2005 I finished my sports activities.• From 2005 till 2010 I worked in a printing company.• On June 21, 2008 I got married.• Soon there will be a new member in Sanita’s family.
The paralympic team with the president of Latvia Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga after Athens Paralympic Games.