A PROJECT OF BAHRIA TOWN
M. Omar Tariq
Badar Sultan Qureshi
• Inaugurated in April 2012.
• Based on the vision of the founder of Bahria Town.
• Pakistan’s first Gold Class Digital 3-D Cinema.
• One of its unique kind of cinema of international
standards with “Gold Class” category.
• Favorite hangout for the film buffs of twin cities and of
Bahria Town as well.
• Unique blend of the latest high-tech equipment
combined with serene luxury.
• Arena has the seating capacity of 252 heads at a time
and has an addition of 2 V.I.P Boxes consisting of 6
Lay-z-Boy recliners each.
• It is not just a movie theater but a back to back
entertainment facility of fun & games for the entire
• Seating Capacity 264
• 2 VIP Box Offices with electronic sofa recliners
• Concession Area
• BARCO Digital 3D Projector
4-Way QSC Sound System
• Shopping Arcade
• World’s brightest BARCO projector.
• A state of the art 7.1 channel 4-way QSC digital
• Equipped with latest 3D technology.
• The bench mark of arena was Cine-Gold that is
located in Mall of Lahore that was the first cinema
project by Bahria town.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
• Bahria has established its own PMO to handle and
coordinate all the projects in all over Pakistan
including establishment of new societies, malls,
theme parks, individual projects and exporting
• Ali Ishaq was the head of PMO, project manager, and
the architect of Arena.
• PM selected before making the project charter
• PM had legitimate authority to determine, manage
and change the budget, resources and staff.
WHO SIGNED OFF THE PROJECT?
• MR. Sajid Ilays. (General Manager )
• MR. Commodore Ilays. (V.P Bahria Town)
• MR. Ali Riaz Malik (CEO Bahria Town)
• MR. Malik Riaz (Owner of bahria town)
• Decide whether the project is a success or not.
• What elements need to be added.
• Responsible for signoff of the project.
STAKEHOLDERS OF ARENA
• Malik Riaz (The owner of Bahria town)
• Bahria Construction Company
• Sajid Ilays (General manager of Arena)
• Ali Ishaq (Architect and project manager of Arena)
• Bahria Community.
Mr. Sajid Ilyas
Bahria Town Community
Mr. Malik Riaz
Mr. Ali Ishaq
• Provide the Bahria community a place of
entertainment through reviving performing arts.
• Later on, with the consent of the BODs and the
stakeholders, it was decided that the building will
be converted into the state-of-the-art 3D cinema.
• The reasons that were considered to scope creep
• Community Demand
• Time to break-even
• Revenue generation
WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE
Fixing reinforcement for foundation
Fixing form work
Laying concrete in foundation
Foundation up to plinth beam
Fixing reinforcement for Plinth
Form work for plinth
laying concrete in plinth
fixing reinforcement for column
Fixing formwork for column
Concreting for column
Fixing of doors
Concreting for column
Reinforcement for folded plate slab
Form work for folded plate slab inside
Concreting for folded plate slab
concreting for column
Brick work up
Beam at roof
shuttering & reinforcement for slab
Brick work up to roof level
Electric wiring and fixing lights
False ceiling in arena
F&S in arena
Fixing the screen
Fixing the seats
Fixing the Projectors
Laying carpets in arena
Final finishing works
Handing over to client
• Bahria town has its own QC department.
• Government certification and licensing(Censor
• Distribution rights.
CORRECTIVE OR PREVENTIVE ACTIONS
• The project manager of Arena focused on taking
preventive actions so that there is less problems to solve.
• He took preventive action in terms of:
• Material (steel, cement, bricks, labor)
• Equipment Acquisition
• Government of Pakistan has a proper check and balance
on Arena from checking their license to tax payment to
film censor certification.
• Chaudhry Nisar, the interior minister, member of Pakistan
Muslim League Nawaz has a personal issues with Mr.
Malik Riaz , so he on and off creates problems for Bahria
town projects from time to time.
PROBLEMS FACED BY ARENA
• as they can play only one movie at time.
• designed as a theater with one hall and 250 seats
which was later turned into a cinema, makes the
first row very uncomfortable as the screen is just
on the head.
• creates problem in adjusting the movie timings.
• Extension of hall
• Up-gradation of equipment
• Cinema is the one of the medium of entertainment in
• Arena is one of the best cinemas that are providing
• Arena is not only providing cinema facilities but also
deals with exclusive corporate event.
• Mobilink, Telenor, and Ufone are the major corporate
clients of Arena.
• This all shows that if the project is done in a proper
manner it can lead to a great success just like