MOOC GdP1 : 3600 enrollments, 1800 certificates
« no Coursera no money, how to bootstrap a MOOC anyway »
Positioning the MOOC ?
Introduction to project management,
1. Fundamentals, concepts : life cycle cost,
2. Tools : setting up a project, team organization, costspecification-time, collaborating over the net..
« You will be able to design an
manage a small project »
MOOC GdP#2 : 10.500 enrolled
• +20% courses : value analysis, project specifications
• Enhanced interaction : live session on Wednesday, better discussion
tools, shared notes….
• Run by a French startup, UNOW. Qualified volunteers team
• Other grandes écoles : Centrale Lille/Lyon/Marseille, Mines de Douai….
• Business track : AUF 250 employees
• ECTS Certification - European Credit Transfer System
• Exam centers in Africa
• ProctorU : distance Exam taking
• Mozilla Open Badges
• Research – Learning analytics, plagiarism detection, sharing tools and
experience with other MOOC projects: France Université Numérique..
Projects @ Centrale Lille
– Centrale Lille : historical French engineering “Grande Ecole“, 1000
– Projects: major role in the curriculum
– The only french grande école dedicating so much resources to
project-oriented teaching :
• Two-years projects: 300 curriculum hours per student
• 100 teaching hours for each project.
• How to turn some of this know-how into a MOOC ?
– From small group, in-person, 2 years…
– .. to open, distance, massive?
Setting up the project track MOOC : webpage
Team track laureates
50% Success rate
• Project-oriented: a particular blend of MOOC. Neither a
cMOOC or a xMOOC ?
• A platformless xMOOC ?
• Really « Massive » ?
• Distance learning and group dynamics, dropping out from a
project, how ? Consequences ? MOOC-wise : How does a
Project track scale ? Compared to basic/advanced track ?
• Assembling a team ? Enrolling, not straight away, an afterxMOOC followup