Introduction of cyber cafe
Cyber Cafe is a place where one can use a computer with internet access, most for a
fee, usually per hour or minute. In Bangladeshi Commission decided to issue the
following Categories of ISP including cyber Cafe Service License with an open
Category A :
Category B :
Category C :
For each Police Station (P/S) of Dhaka Metropolitan Area.
For each Police Station (P/S) of Chittagong, Rajshahi, Khulan,
Sylhet and Barisal Metropolitan Area.
For each Police Station (P/S) of other than Metropolitan Area.
Status of issued license of ISP for Cyber Cafe (2008-2009)
Condition of BTRC
1. Cyber Cafe must have an office with valid address and there must be at least
two contact phone numbers and one e-mail address.
2. Cyber Cafe has to keep the record of the browser’s name and address of
National ID Card No. in a register.
3. To provide privacy, only for monitor, a partition may be used but the
maximum height is to be four feet from the floor level. Any kind of door or
restriction is not allowed in the entrance of booth (work station/terminal).
4. On school time uniformed students are not allowed to browse. If they have any
recommendation from the school authority of guardian only then they will be
allowed to browse for educational needs.
5. A complaint box should be provided in an open place of the cyber cafe.
Types of Crime
1. Unauthorized Threaten e-mail for a nation’s security and others.
2. Un-Social activities.
3. Abuses of porn and adult site by under aged.
4. Online gambling.
5. Cyber defamation.
6. Unauthorized access to computer system or networks.
7. Illegally Data transfer.
8. Sale of illegal articles.
Instruction Given by CCOAB.
1. To Maintain of Users name and Particular in a resister.
2. Privacy partition must be four feet high from floor.
3. Can’t be kept CD Rom and hard disk in user’s computer.
4. To Ensure a fixed time for school students.
5. Must be ensuring a good environment for users.
6. CCOAB and Others law and Enforcement agencies must be visit the Cafe at any time.
For Users Safety
Please write your name and address in a cyber cafe’s resister.
Please don’t misuse e-mail’s .It’s a punishable offence.
Below 18 year’s old students will not allowed except education matter.