Apple Inc., is an American multinational corporation that designs, develops, and
sells consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers.
Apple was established on April 1, 1976, by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne to
sell the Apple I personal computer kit.
1975 – Steve Wozniak was working for Hewlett Packard
(calculator manufacturers) by day and was a computer
hobbyist by night.
He realized that the prices of some computer parts had
gotten so low he could buy them himself.
Decided to work with fellow hobbyist Steve Jobs to build their
On 4/1/1976 – released the Apple I (for $666) and started
Apple Computers. It had 8 KB of RAM.
According to Steve Jobs, Apple was so named because Jobs was coming back
from an apple farm, and he was on a fruitarian diet. He thought the name
was "fun, spirited and not intimidating".
"Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience
to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the
world through its innovative hardware, software and internet offerings”
"Man is the creator of change in this world. As such he should be above systems and structures,
and not subordinate to them."
The Computer Mouse
The Graphical User Interface (GUI)
The OS X operating system
The App Store
The Thinnest Laptop in the world
• Remarkably slim design that still makes room for a larger
display and a faster chip
•Many features: the latest wireless technology, an 8MP
• Beautiful aluminium body designed and made with an
unprecedented level of precision
• Better battery life
•Faster CPU performance
• Even better battery life
• Enhanced audio on iPhone 5
• Enhanced HD video recording
• Face Time HD camera
• iPad mini is an iPad in every way, shape and
slightly smaller form
• Perfectly sized LED-backlit display
• Powerful A5 chip
• 10-hour battery life
• Thin and light design
• Incredible performance
•Wave hello with FaceTime video calling
• Shoot 5-megapixel still Images
MacBook Air: Consumer ultra-thin, ultra-portable
notebook, introduced in 2008.
MacBook Pro: Professional notebook, introduced in
Mac Mini: Consumer sub-desktop computer and
server, introduced in 2005.
iMac: Consumer all-in one desktop computer,
introduced in 1998.
Mac Pro: Workstation desktop computer, introduced in
• Music and iTunes
• sharp graphics
• Game Center
• App Store
• Easier and quicker than ever to stay in touch
• At the 2007, Jobs demonstrated the Apple TV
• Previously known as the iTV
• Device intended to bridge the sale of content from
iTunes with high-definition televisions
• Plays video at a maximum resolution of 720p
• Originally incorporated a 40 GB hard drive for
• On May 31, 2007 a 160 GB drive was released
• The memory included in the device is the half of
the iPhone 4; iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3G,
and iPod touch 4G
Apple Reports Fourth Quarter Results
(September 29, 2012)
Quarterly revenue $36.0 billion
Quarterly net profit $8.2 billion
Per diluted share $8.67
Gross Margin 40.0 %
International Sales 60%
Cash dividend of $2.65 per share of the Company’s
An increase of 94% in net profit year over year.
Product Sales in fourth Quarter
Apple Inc. has seen the mind-blowing sales of
iPhone, iPad and Mac in the fourth quarter
iPhones 26.9 million, 58% unit growth over the year-
iPads 14.0 million, 26% unit increase over the year-
Macs 4.9 million, 1% unit increase over the year-ago
iPods 5.3 million.
More settling with rivals.
• If 2012 was the year of nasty court fights, 2013 will be
the year of peace.
• We already had a taste of that with the 10-year
truce announced between Apple and HTC in November.
• I think there's a good chance we'll see the same from
two remaining fights Apple's in with rivals.
It's the very secret sauce that keeps our company interesting among people.
• The company has a set-top box, but it's not for
plugging into your cable.
• Instead, its main purpose is to connect with Apple's
digital stores, along with third-party streaming
• We are planning to launch
• a full-fledged TV set
• smarter set-top box
• better ways to view TV programming and control
basic TV functions.
• Apple is experimenting with wristwatch-like devices made of curved glass.
• Such a watch would operate Apple’s iOS platform.
• Which may include maps, facetime, app-store, music player, front camera, notes,
calculator, calendar and much more.
Samsung produces 25 kinds of smartphones - market share of 28% - first quarter 2012,
while we sell only one smartphone and had about 19% of market share in smartphone
If we introduce smartphones of low and middle range we can surely rule the world in
mobile phone category, but we don't want to become our own competitor.
And our company aimed to provide the best, not the cheapest since its beginning.
We are leader in tablet category and Walkman category.
Our iPhone is one of the largest selling mobile phone in the world.
Our app store is the biggest app store of the world with more than 25
billion downloads till date.
We have the thinnest and lightest laptop and the most advanced
In 2010, our reserve was more then the reserve of US government.
Our total revenue is more than GDP of more than a hundred countries.
So it's not surprising that Apple is now
the most valuable technology company
in the world.
Which makes Our share a must