• Personality can be defined as consistency in a
person’s way of being — that is, long-term
consistency in their particular ways of
perceiving, thinking, acting and reacting as a
• Organized patterns of thought and feeling and
• Personality has to do with individual
differences among people in behavior
patterns, cognition and emotion.
• My personality revolves a lot around doing good
for all the people around me and making them
• And also I want to be completely independent
without drawing a border for myself.
• I believe in the concept of “ Survival of the Fittest
“ that means ,” I should handle and show success
with whatever situation I am put up with”.
CHANGES IN PERSONALITY
• According to me , one’s personality tends to change by
the following factors,
– Parental care
– Our Own Actions
– Influence by the Society
• There are two different ways of classifying personality
changes over a lifetime,
– A rank-order change refers to a change in an individual's
personality trait relative to other individuals
– A mean-level change refers to an absolute change in the
individual's level of a certain trait over time.
SWOT - DEFINITION
• SWOT Analysis is an effective method for the
development of one’s personality.
• SWOT has formed from the initials of
Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and
• It is as much applicable in the process of
personality development of an individual as it
is for a business that needs to grow and
develop while it strives to have better
avenues and prospects.
I am able to adapt myself to any work environment and
put best efforts to
climb up my career.
I believe in “Nothing is impossible”
I am very friendly and very amicable wherever I go
ultimately ending up with lot of friends.
I am good as any CRO since I have learnt it from my last
job and that will be very much helpful to pursue this career
I will be loyal & highly committed to the work I do and I
like a lot to learn and scale up my knowledge.
I deal all my problems with a positive attitude
I am not punctual
I am lazy at times.
I have used my travel desk opportunity at Hotel Carlton
which gave me lots of self confidence, exposure and
customer handling in the most effective way.
And the current job in Tupperware has also given me the
confidence to handle any work environment and I have
created a niche for myself by being highly committed.
• Perception may be defined as the process by
which an individual selects, organizes and
interprets stimuli into a meaningful and
coherent picture of the environment in which
• Emotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to
monitor one's own and other people’s
emotions to discriminate between different
emotions and label them appropriately, and
to use emotional information to guide
thinking and behavior.
PERCEPTION – IMPACT IN PERSONAL
& PROFESSIONAL LIFE
• There are a number of things that influence our
– First, our heredity can be major influencers of our
perception. Height, skin color, and gender influence the
way we see the world.
– Our needs impact our perception as well. Physiological
needs, such as food and water (or lack thereof), can
influence how we feel about certain situations.
– Our peer group can also impact our perception.
– Our interests impact our perception.
– Our expectations are another driver of our perceptions.
– A halo effect or reverse halo effect can also alter our
EI – IMPACT IN PERSONAL &
• Time is finite
– Time is a special resource that you cannot store or save for
later use. Everyone has the exact same amount of time each
day. Time not well used cannot be retrieved.
• You’re more efficient
– Work smarter, not harder, and definitely not longer than you
• You feel calmer and more in control
– Learning time management skills matters because it will reduce
the amount of unhealthy stress you feel.
• You’re more fulfilled
– When you know what matters and you do it efficiently, it’s time
well spent. How you function affects how you feel about the
whole of your life.
• You have more energy
– Strange but true -- the act of finishing tasks often brings a
level of satisfaction and energy that makes you feel good.
• You develop more qualities
– Patience, persistence, self discipline and learning to be
assertive, all get developed. As you develop your
awareness of time, your ability to manage it improves,
• You achieve what you want to and need to – faster
– Better time management means you find that you finish
more of what you start, sooner.
• You enjoy your life more
– Managing how you use your time is a means to an end,
but it brings enjoyment and satisfaction in it's own right as
• Talking too long on the phone
• Too frequently browsing social media sites
• Incessantly preparing and not taking action
• Failing to say no to unrelated tasks
• Failing to ask for help or follow directions
• Waiting until late in the day to do tasks
• Having a disorganized office
• Focusing on smaller, less important tasks
OVERCOMING TIME WASTERS
• Schedule phone calls with end times when possible
• Set a time limit for non-task-related Internet browsing
• Map or outline your most pressing task
• Make a short daily to-do list and say no to tasks not on
• Set deadlines and alarms for you to complete tasks
• Close your Internet browser or unrelated windows to
• Set your Chat status to “Busy” or go offline
• Place your phone on “Do Not Disturb”
OPEN SELF PERSONALITY
• Open self personality is a personality in which a person is
well aware of his own strengths, weaknesses, his abilities
and other people around him- can be his team members or
ones he interacts with- are well aware of those.
• An open personality is not mysterious or hidden or even
• One who believes in sharing his traits with others so as to
make his self open to earn trust and lasting relationships
with those around him.
• Having an open self personality ,
– puts people near you at ease
– makes you less of a threat as you reveal things easily.
– makes you trustworthy and easy to confide to.
• Transactional analysis (TA to its adherents),
is a psychology idea that humans are social
creatures and that a person is a multi-faceted
being that changes when in contact with
another person in their world.
MY EGO STATE
• I am mostly in Adult Ego State.
– I judge person based on how they behave with me
and not on any person’s advice .
– I am a person who believes “ Experience is the
teacher of all things”
JUSTIFYING – WITH AN EXAMPLE
• I am from Kodaikanal and Chennai is totally a new city
• I am only an year and a half for Chennai.
• But now I know all the nooks and corners here.
• I was totally naïve about purchasing and bargaining.
• But my work demanded me to buy lot of stuffs for
corporate and that developed me from unskilled to a
purchase dept head now.
• In my workplace, I have colleagues who are born and
brought up in Chennai , and they too were also given
chances for that post but none have made it.
• I am happy in excelling my skill , being different from
them and scaling up my career.