Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• Define the concept of scientific miracle
• Compare scientific miracle to scientific exegesis
• Explain the benefits of scientific miracles
• Cite examples of scientific miracles in the holy Qur’an
“ And the sun runs on unto a resting place for it. That is the
measuring of the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.”(Ya-Sin 38)
The holy Qur’an actually states the star of the system to
which the earth belong ,i.e. the sun. this constellation
exists in the milky way, which is one of a huge number of
galaxies existing in this universe.
• The holy Qur’an is the miracle of prophet, peace be upon him, and
the miracle is a supernatural thing coupled with a challenge made
by the almighty Allah as evidence of the truthfulness of the
• The holy Qur’an tells us about scientific facts that were proven by
experimental science and it was impossible at time of the
Messenger of Allah, to realise it; otherwise it would be a natural
thing. Moreover, one aspect of the Qur’anic miracle is to tell about
things that would happen in the future, including scientific
• “We shall show them Our portents on the horizons and
within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that
is the Truth.”
• Regarding the Qur'anic verses pertaining to creed, ethics,
acts o worship and dealings, they have concise structure
that can be understood by all people of all ages in the same
The prophet, is the seal off the prophets and messengers, and his
message is the last of all messages. Due to the evolution of people’s life
along the course of time and the emergence of new developments in
every age, there appears a need to make harmony and accord between
what the human beings believe in and what he lives in reality. This
reinforces his beliefs in Allah , increases his adherence to values and
ethics and deepens his convictions. It also refutes the whispers of Satan
and annuls the allegations of indolence and isolation.
• FIRST - to prove the authenticity of the holy Qur’an, and thus
prove truthfulness of Muhammad’s prophet hood . The devil
always stirs his whispers in some weal souls. However , the
almighty Allah shows through scholars in every era a science that
attests to the soundness of Islam and truthfulness of his Messenger.
• SECOND - increase of faith by what is revealed to the world
through Allah’s signs in the universe, which makes Muslim’s belief
• “they only are the (true) believers hose heart feel fear when Allah is
mentioned, and when the revelations of Allah are recited unto them
they increase their faith, and who trust in their lord,”
• THIRD - to encourage Muslim to research, investigation and seek
more knowledge through meditation on universe, pondering on the
scientific secrets in the holy Qur’an and in-depth understanding of
juristic texts and rulings. This will reveal the brilliant face of Islam
by scientific argument along with religious argument. This
encompasses all aspects of inimitability.
• FOURTH- to rectify the relation between science, religion and
faith: The scientific miracle in the holy Qur’an erases any cause of
conflict that might arise between experimental science and religion
which prevailed in the past as a result of false practices.
Revelation cannot be explained according to the whims of anyone or according to a theory or
something that scientists are not unanimously agreed on. An exegete must put before his
eyes the following criteria
• to confine the miracle to scientific facts that are decisively and unanimously agreed upon
and drawn from their genuine source.
• Allah’s knowledge is all comprehensive and infallible while human being’s lore is so limited
and fallible. So, Allah’s sayings must have priority over any other sayings
• Allah’s revelation is absolutely authentic and verified. In terms of meaning and denotation,
some verses are definitely as regards their denotation, and others are speculative or
ambiguous, so it is open to many interpretations.
• The worshiping aspect becomes the crux, and must not turn into a maternal gain, such as
when prayer- in view of its healthy benefits- becomes a sport or a habit to maintain fitness.
“We have built the heaven with might, and verily, we
are steadily expanding it.”