Internship PPT - The Effectiveness of Logistics and Distribution - DTDC Couriers
The Effectiveness of Logistics,
Distribution and Customer
Internship and Project done by Avinash Heston
Why Distribution, Logistics and
• Important and prioritized segments in Marketing.
• Logistics and Distribution, when considered as dependent
factors, can help in attainment of hidden flaws in Business
• Customer Satisfaction a necessity due to ‘Customer is King’
motto in the marketing scenario
• Logistics department helps in Goods/Service Delivery, thus
forming a frame for marketing.
• To build a platform for development, growth and
infrastructure for the company as a whole.
The Organization Profile
• Third-Party-Logistics Providers(TPL) specialize in integrated
operations, warehousing and transportation services.
• According to the Supply chain management professionals, TPL
can be defined as “A firm that provides multiple logistics
services for use by customers. Preferably, these services are
integrated or ‘bundled’ together, by the provider. Among the
services, TPL provides transportation, warehousing, cross-
docking, inventory management, packaging, and freight
• Customizable industrial functions.
Company Profile : DTDC
• DTDC(Door-To-Door Courier), a leading courier service
company in India, having an international network of
operations, led by Mr.Subhasish Chakraborthy.
• State of the art Infrastructure and Customized applications
• Primary focus on Cargo(Logistics) and Courier services.
• Has a providing capacity covering 10,000 pin codes, thereby
enhancing its reach to its customers.
• Primary customers consists of Airtel, Axis Bank, BHEL, Sony
Research Objectives and Scope
• Evaluation of Revenue dimension in the
• Customer reach, reaction and satisfactory levels
with the service provided.(CHART SLIDE)
• Problems related to the Distribution sector, both in
International and Domestic Sectors.
• Matching Brand performance with Delivery
• To understand DTDC’s position –
Commensurate to market area.
• Problems related to International and
• To know the customers’ satisfactory levels on
a base scale.
• To know the present condition of the company in the service sector.
• To know the problems faced by the logistics department of the
company while dealing with its varied customers
• To know the employee's opinion about the logistics department, its
functions and the problems faced by it on its day to day operations.
• To enlighten the importance of the Logistics department and its
importance to its customers.
• To contact and derive information from the corporate sector(Top
Level management) regarding the functioning of the logistics
department and to enlighten the company's relation with its
• DTDC is a Third-party Logistics provider, providing
multiple logistics services for use by its
• The main focuses of the logistics department of
DTDC are its customers, particularly prioritizing
the Industrial customers and their large-scale
• One of the primary issues faced by DTDC is the
problem related with transportation.
• There exists considerable difference between the
branch performance and delivery performance.
• Normal Courier service differ extensively as when compared
to Logistics services, in which the former focuses on small-
scale delivery whereas the latter concentrates more on large-
scale delivery of goods to its customers, mainly the industrial
• Flow of Goods study :
• The basic design for researching a Service sector
company is by interacting with the employees and
labourers of the company.
• Personal meetings, group discussion and personal
• Questionnaire sampling technique would also be
used so as to gain those date which could not be
verified with the main research methods.
Learning from study
• The logistics sector itself, is a competitive yet complicated part of
the ever-growing market.
• It is a third-party service sector which acts as an intermediary
between sender and receiver of consignments, thus proving it to be
an important section in business world.
• Its relation with its valued customers promotes its growth and
• . It plays a crucial part in the transfer of goods from one place to
another, within the specified time, thus creating an initiative which
does not compromise on the time factor.
• Customer relation plays a major key in service sector business since
the functionality of the service should be flexible according to the
needs and desires of the customers.