evaluation question 4


Published on

Published in: Technology, Art & Photos
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

evaluation question 4

  1. 1. How did you use media technologies in theconstruction and research, planning andevaluation stages?
  2. 2. By using www.youtube.com, I wasable to see existing products ofsimilar genres to our own initialideas. I have been able toview, short films, trailers, postersand promotional adverts to seewhat connotations my own productshould follow.YouTube has been an importantaspect of my research and planning, as I have been able to analyse theexisting products to expand on mytheoretical knowledge about theconventions both posters and filmsuse. Along side YouTube, the searchengine www.google.com videosection has also aided my research.
  3. 3. I used www.blogger.com to store and record all of my portfolio on. Byblogging frequently it has enabled to show my progression which I havemade over the course of two years. Blogging is considered afundamental skill in todays society as there are wide range of peoplewho blog about completely different topics to reach out to people allover the world. I have also used www.slideshare.com in conjunction with www.blogger.com to upload power points I have made through Microsoft to my blog. By creating power points it has enabled me to improve my communication skills through the use of diagrams and pictures to make it more interesting and appealing to the reader
  4. 4. We used a Canon D600 camera along with the camera we booked out from the media department. At first we were quite hesitant in using such a high spec camera but we soon got the hang of it, by using the canon camera our shots came out a lot crisper and brighter then it would have done on the media departments camera.Although a boom microphone wasn’t entirelyneeded, we used it however the increase thevolume of the actors voices and to avoiddistortion, echoing and unwanted vibrations thatcould potentially damage the quality of the audio.
  5. 5. Luckily for use due to the quite high quality camera we used, the film footage was the correct file type and therefore compatible with editing software Adobe Premiere Elements which saved us a bit of time by not having waste any by trying to find and use some type of conversion software.Using Adobe caused quite a few problems initially,the software was running very slow and frequentlycrashed due to everyone using it and it also everycomputer in the school running of the same network.The problem was eventually solved by thetechnicians creating a separate network, enablingthe software to work how it should have done.
  6. 6. Adobe was quite difficult at first to use as we were not used tothe software but after a few practices, the software becameeasier to use and with this, the editing process was less timeconsuming, especially with the aid of the official handbook andwith the help of the I.T.C technicians.
  7. 7. Another programme we used was Adobe After Effects, this programme was used to create our company ident and our film title sequence.I was familiar with After Effects as I had used it before when I was workingon a different project. After Effects, I believe was effective in giving ourtitle sequence ‘life’ by having the word ‘Malice’ thrown against the screenwith red paint which looks almost like blood, dripping down the wall, thisalso sets the mood and atmosphere of the our short film.
  8. 8. Photoshop was particularly important in developing and constructing my ancillary tasks. With Photoshop I was able to edit my pictures to a high quality and professional level. I cropped, layered, blended, changed the colour levels and feathered my pictures as well as other editing techniques.This image was some of the main editing I didfor my ancillary tasks. I sharpened theimage, removed the green screen from thebackground and changed the colour of theimage to make it stand out more along withother things.