Life expectancy has increased due to
advances in medicine and technology
Evidence suggests that technology enables
older adults to be more active (1)
The world population age 80 and
over will double from 2008 to 2040
From new watches that track your
steps, heart rate and calories
To new devices that can alert
medical attention for seniors (2)
"Its a wonderful time for seniors"
Jean Dickow (2)
"Gadgets that can ease the
burdens of aging are slowly
beginning to appear in older
adult’s homes and
It is important for seniors to
adapt to the digital age
of seniors have used the web (3)
How else has technology
Tesla's electric cars and
With a goal to one day have
driverless cars (4)
Autopilot is predicted to
reduce accidents by 80% by
Some day soon,
being able to offer
commercial tripsinto space (5)
A new and
innovative way to
Technology has us connected
more than ever (6)
Video chat has connected
families even if they live across
connected the entire
And gives us access to the world at
a touch of a button
1. Kim, Kyungo, Wojtek Chodzko-zajko, Andriara Schwingel, and Deanna C. Mcdonagh.
"Understanding older individuals’ emotional responses to new technology associated with healthy
lifestyle choice." Journal of Physical Education and Sport (2014): n. pag. Web. 02 Mar. 2017.
2. Gustke, Constance. "Technology, While Not a Fountain of Youth, Can Make Aging Safer." The New
York Times. The New York Times, 24 July 2015. Web. 02 Mar. 2017.
3. Matrix, Sidneyeve. "Media Convergence." Film 240 Media & Culture. Web. 02 Mar. 2017.
4. HopeReese. "Tesla's Autopilot: The smart person's guide." TechRepublic. TechRepublic, 07 Feb.
2017. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.
5. Mortillaro, Nicole. "Can SpaceX really send people around the moon by 2018?" CBCnews.
CBC/Radio Canada, 03 Mar. 2017. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.
6. Carral, Héctor L. "Stop Saying Technology Is Causing Social Isolation." The Huffington Post.
TheHuffingtonPost.com, 02 Nov. 2015. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.