• According to Berkley “Popular culture has been defined as everything
from common culture, “ to “folk culture,” to “mass culture.” While it
has been all of these things at various points in history, in post war
America, popular culture is undeniably associated with commercial
culture and all its trappings: movies, television, radio, cyberspace,
advertising, toys, nearly any commodity available for purchase, many
forms of art, photography, and games
• With our lives influenced by the culture around
us, it is impossible for it not to either be a
positive or negative. Depending on what you
listen to, watch, or whatever else you do it has a
direct impact on your life. Studies have been
taken to help us understand what is helpful and
hurtful to us as a society. Everything has a
direct link to some part of us. Even though it
may be subconscious it does affect how we act,
• Positive: Studies have shown that upbeat music reduces
depression by 40%. When kids see celebrities they look up
to do the right thing.
• Negative: Violent games and movies can be a bad
influence on younger children.
• No matter what you do there are going to be
both positive and negative influences. So
use good judgment and decide whether or
not it is a good influence.
• motz, marilyn. "Popular culture." Dept. of pop culture,
Web. 17 May. 2012.
"Popular culture." popular culture association, Online Posting
association. Web. 17 May. 2012. <http://pcaaca.org/>.
Pictures gathered from Google Images