Successfully reported this slideshow.
INAPPROPRIATE WORK PLACE BEHAVIORS
GENERAL TYPES OF INAPPROPRIATE
BEHAVIORS IN A WORKPLACE
• Workplace bullying
• Ethical/Race issues
• Cultural issues
• Workplace harassment
• Social media harassment in the workplace
WORK PLACE BULLYING
(THIS IS A VIOLENT TYPE OF BEHAVIOR)
• 35% of Us workers have reported that they have been bullied at work.
• A definition of workplace bullying provides a guide of bullying tactics for employees and
• Types of bullying in the workplace:
• Direct or veiled threats of harms
• Intimidating, harassing, bullying, or other inappropriate or aggressive behavior
• Bringing a weapon to the workplace
• Drug/alcohol abuse
• Showing fascinations with workplace violence
(THIS A TYPE OF DISCRIMINATION)
• People can reflect the culture of their country, region, and/or subgroup. Many people in
the workplace are able to harass people from different ethnics.
• A workplace may have different ethnics that define that workplace.
• Cultural norms (the laws that govern society’s behaviors) are the shared, sanctioned, and
integrated systems of beliefs and practices that are passed down through generations and
characterize a cultural group.
• Today’s global companies allow people to work with others from different parts of the
world. This is the only way that the variety of cultures might be increased.
• The diversity of cultures in the workplace can lead to bullying and harassment.
• Having one specific culture in the workplace helps describe what that company or
(THIS IS A TYPE OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT)
• Workplace harassment is when someone repeatedly does or says something to you that:
• Is unwelcome
• Offends, intimidates, humiliates or threatens you
• Would offend, intimidate, humiliate or threaten most people if it happened to them.
• Anyone in the workplace can harass or be harassed.
• Being harassed can happened physically, verbally, or sexually.
SOCIAL MEDIA HARASSMENT
• Social media harassment has increased
in the workplace with the development of
• Co-workers are able to bully each over
the internet now and this causing damage
to the company or business.
• Cyber-bullying can slow down production
and cause worker to become depressed.
HOW TO ADDRESS THESE BEHAVIORS
• Workers being harassed or bullied by
another co-worker can go o their
supervisor and tell them about the
• Workers can even go to human resources
to fix the problem.
• Going to a supervisor and letting them
know what is happening can be the most
effective way of solving the solution.
• Diigo Link