Be the first to like this
Sometimes it’s easy to focus, to listen, to learn. Sometimes it’s hard and sometimes it just seems plain impossible. No matter how good you think your learning design or your content are, if you haven’t considered how to put people in the right state to learn at the start, and how to keep them there, your efforts will have been wasted.
Curious, reflective, energised, attentive, puzzled, engaged, questioning, social, nervous, bored, relaxed, confident, confused, creative, challenged and challenging – these are some of the emotional and physical states people experience as they learn.
Stella Collins presented this session at Aurion Connections in Belfast on 14 September.
Uncover some of the psychology and neuroscience that underpins our motivation to learn and find out how you can influence what happens in the brain to aid learning.
Adapt your design and delivery to shift people from unhelpful to resourceful learning states and apply the latest research to practical challenges such as:
• How do you promote creative thinking?
• How can you use the graveyard slot to enhance learning naturally?
• How do you provoke curiosity and encourage exploration?
• What promotes long term memory – and what interferes?
• Top tips to change people’s mind sets naturally