Be the first to like this
Interested in protecting your information, but don’t really know where to start?
In this workshop we will give a brief explanation of how encryption works followed by a practical tutorial on how to communicate securely. Subjects of discussion will include:
- Irreversible functions and how they can hide data
- Creating a Cryptographic identity
- Sending a secure message with PGP
- Overview of applications and plugins with built-in encryption
- Getting your machine set up to use these tools seamlessly
- Common security problems
Workshop participants should have Thunderbird or Apple Mail.app setup and configured with their email accounts prior to this workshop.
Participants should also download the following ahead of time: