TERMS OF REFERENCE
OF THE JOINT WORKING GROUP OF
THE FEASIBILITY STUDY ON POSSIBLE
CHINA - XX FTA
l. China and XX will jointly undertake a feasibility study on a possible
bilateral China-XX Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
2. For that purpose, a JWG will be established to undertake a feasibility
study on a possible FTA. The JWG would study and identify the benefits that
may derive from a possible FTA. In case, substantial benefits are identified
from a possible FTA, the JWG would examine the feasibility of such an
3. The JWG constituted for the purpose on the either side would represent
the core group and representatives of the other concerned
Ministry/Departments shall be co-opted to work with the JWG.
4. The JWG would be headed at a high level official, no less than Deputy Director General, who will
co-chair the meetings of each JWG.
Scope of Work
5. The joint feasibility study on a bilateral Free Trade Agreement would
Trade in goods and services and investments;
Identified understandings for trade and investment promotion and
Measures for promotion of economic cooperation in identified
Negotiation Timetable and Venue
6. It is generally understood that the feasibility study should be expeditious.
The JWG shall complete the feasibility study by May 2013, The JWG will
meet alternately in China and XX on a rotational basis.
7. The Host country would prepare the draft agenda and the programme of
the meeting. The secretarial assistance and the logistic support for the
meetings would be provided by the host country.
8. The only official texts of the meetings of JWG are those in English that
have been approved by the JWG. The secretariat should provide both
delegations with an identical set of official texts after each session, both in
written and electronic forms.
9. Meetings, including texts and sessions should be conducted in English,
without prejudice to the possibility that one or both parties avail themselves
of interpretation services for Chinese or Spanish into and from English.