Any off line measures?
• Visits to shop
• Phone calls
• Email subscriptions
Impact of Social Media
Your motivation today…
1. Learn about how each social media
2. Think of one social media strategy you
can start implementing tomorrow
3. Set up the tools you need
Before you Begin
• Why do you want to use social media?
– How does it fit into existing business goals?
– How can you measure success?
• What resources do you want to dedicate to
social media efforts?
– Internal staff? Consultant? Both?
Interesting Stats*: Facebook
• An average Facebook users has 130 friends.
• Facebook hosts 42 million "Pages" with 10 or
more likes. (Jeff Bullas)
More than 1 million websites have integrated
with Facebook in various ways. (Uberly)
• 80 percent of social media users prefer to
connect with brands through Facebook.
Interesting Stats: Twitter
• 56 percent of customer tweets to companies
are being ignored. (AllTwitter)
• The average user follows (or is followed by) 51
people. (Diego Basch's Blog)
• 32 percent of all Internet users are using
Twitter. (Marketing Land)
• 34 percent of marketers have generated leads
using Twitter. (Digital Buzz Blog)
Interesting Stats: Google+
• Google+ pages appear in search results
for 30 percent of brand term searches for
brands with G+ pages, up from 5 percent
in February 2012. (Bright Edge)
• Only 8 percent of Americans 12+ have a
Google+ profile page. (Edison Research)
• 625,000 new users on Google+ every day.
Interesting Stats: Pinterest
• 80% of Pinterest users are women; 50 percent of all
Pinterest users have children. (Search Engine Jrnl)
• Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than
visitors referred from non-social channels. (Search
• Pinterest pins with prices get 36% more likes than
those without. (Shopify)
• 69% of online users who visit Pinterest found an
item to buy, compared with 40% of Facebook users.
• Great way to inform
• Great way to teach
• Worth 1,000 words
• Help new audience
• Easy to do
Build a Space for your Story
So, what’s your social media
• Use your own voice!
• Engage in conversations
• Lead people to action
– Ask questions
• Make it easy to share everything
• Trying ads? Think about promoted posts
Get the presentation here: