Epson Cartridge Troubleshooting Guide
1. When an ink cartridge is empty and removed from the printer a replacement
cartridge must be inserted immediately. If not, the print head inside the
printer could dry out causing poor color reproduction. Be sure to insert
cartridges into their correct color stations. Before closing the compartment
cover, press down firmly on each cartridge to ensure a good seal with the
printhead. Close the compartment cover and secure the latch.
2. Should your cartridge come equipped with a chip be sure not to touch the
chip when inserting the cartridge into the printer. Oils in your skin can
interfere with the electronics causing poor communication with your printer.
Should you accidentally touch the chip immediate clean with a soft cloth
using an upward stroke over the chip.
3. For the best printing results print a nozzle check pattern (see printer manual
for instructions). If any gaps show in the pattern, select the head cleaning
option, or press the cleaning button on your printers control panel to run a
cleaning cycle. Repeat if necessary.
4. If the printer does not recognize the cartridge keep the cartridge in the
printer and unplug the printer from the wall outlet and plug back in allowing
the printer to reset the cartridges. Never remove the cartridges from the
printer once installed for the printer will recognize the cartridge as empty.
5. If you receive an unknown popup message once cartridges have been
installed, please ignore the message and click to continue.
6. Should you receive a popup message warning you that the cartridge installed
is not an original Epson cartridge, click yes to continue.
Should all else fail and your printer is not functioning correctly, please call our store
technicians (Kelsey or Mike) at 404-321-3220 for additional assistance.