Statistics in Malaysia
male female male female
Signs & Symptoms
• Inability to cope with sudden physical activity
• Feeling very tired every day
• Back and joint pains.
• A person is obese when he or she achieved Body Mass
Index (BMI) more than Normal Weight (BMI 18.5-24.9)
• BMI more than 30 indicated obesity and it also mean
that the person has increased in Waist circumference.
2. Waist Circumference
• Reading > 102cm in men & 88cm in women require
XENICAL CAPS 12OMG
•Generic Name: Orlistat
• Dose : Take 1 tablet 3
times daily after meal.
•Side effect : oily stool,
fatty stool, inability to
control bowel movements
Liposuction removes fat
from your body using
Small, thin, blunt-tipped
tubes (cannula) are inserted
through tiny cuts in the skin.
Fat is suctioned out as the
• doctor moves the tubes
• around under the skin to
• target specific fat deposits.
Malaysia is a 1st ranked in Asia that has a big issue of
obesity. In 2006, 43% adults and 38% children in
Malaysia is obese. Now, it is increased 14% people
obese every year. So, everybody should be alert about
this issue. A lot of complication will occur if we suffer
with obesity such as heart attack, diabetes and high
cholesterol. In worse situation, it can also leads to
death if not treat from the beginning. For those already
suffer with obesity, the first thing they have to do is do
exercise that suitable for their age and control their
diet. If the first step is not working, they can choose
medication to help them reduce weight and also can
do surgery such as liposuction. It is good if we can
prevent it from now.
• Obesity 2012, online, retrieved 16 February 2014, from
• What are Overweight and Obesity 2012, online, retrieved 18 February 2013, from
• What is Obesity 2014, online, retrieved 16 February 2014, from
• Audrey Edwards, 2103, Obesity a Big Problem Now in Malaysia, The Star Online,
retrieved 22 February 2014, from
• Causes of obesity,18/7/2013, Medical News Today
• Journal of Urban Health