VIDEO & AUDIO
ATHULYA V S
Christ Nagar College Of Education
Conferencing is the participation in a conference
that involves use of a particular Electronic
Technology. It is a meeting for consultation or
discussion like a conference between a student and
his advisor. Conferencing is meeting with your
colleagues using an electronic communications
system such as your phone , your personal
computer, or specialized video conferencing
Teleconferencing means meeting through
telecommunication medium. It is a generic
term for linking people between two or
more locations by electronics. There are at
least 6 types of teleconferencing: audio,
audio graphic, computer, video, business
television (BTV), and distance education.
• Move information – Not people
• Save time
• Lower Costs
• Lack of body language
• Lack of eye contact
• No visual presentation
• Multitasking drains attention
A video conference is a live, visual
connection between two or more
people residing in separate locations
for the purpose of communication. At
its simplest, video conferencing
provides transmission of static images
and test between two locations.
USE OF VIDEO
• It enables teacher or limited number of learners need
to connect from different locations at the same time.
• Free download & easy to use software.
• No time constraint
• Specifically useful for a guest speaker who is far away
from face to face class location.
• Easy communication
DISADVANTAGES OF VIDEO
• Lack of personal interaction
• Technical problems
• High cost of setup
Audio conferencing is a telephone meeting
conducted between multiple separate
callers. The type of telephone used can
vary but typically an audio conference
includes attendees that use handheld
wired telephones, conference rooms,
speakerphones, that can be shared by
several people, or individual cellular or
BENEFITS OF AUDIO
• Record audio for future reference
• Involve more collaboration
• Easy call management
• Cost effective
• More accessible
DISADVANTAGES OF AUDIO
• Audio conferencing is meant for listening only. Learners cannot
take down notes which can be used later.
• It can restrict some learners flexibility and independence.
• Poor quality of transmission may make some low and technology
• Conversation may be affected by noise.
• Audio conferencing does not allow interactivity with large group