Sri Kumaran Public School
Theme : Entertainment
QM : Athith . K
• No negative marking
• Questions 4, 7, 12, 23, 24 will be used to break ties
1. Who is the music director of the newly released movie, ‘Blue’?
2. 13 Filmfare awards, 4 National Film Awards, 1 BAFTA Award, 1 Golden Globe
and 2 Academy Awards. Whose achievements are these?
3. What connects the following: Melmont Constructions, Fiza Developers, Subash
Enterprises, Shiva Shankarrappa, Vivid Creations and Nadish Reddy, Girish
Auto, Jayaprakash Hegde and Brigade Enterprises?
4. "I've been told over and over that black people on the cover of magazines doesn't
sell copies ... Just wait. Someday those magazines are going to be begging me for
an interview. Maybe I'll give them one. And maybe I won't." Which extremely
famous Entertainer’s quote is this ?
5. Stuart Robertson, the marketing manager of ECB proposed X first. X made its
debut as a form of entertainment in 2003. X was marketed with the slogan, “I
don’t like cricket, I love it.” Identify X, which is rarely considered as a form of
6. Y is a registered trademark of the Wham-O toy company, but is often used
generally to describe all flying discs. Whirlo-Way, Flyin-Saucer and Pluto Platter
were the different names under which Y was marketed. How is Y known today?
7. About which movie, first of its kind in India, did the famous director Shyam
Benegal tell this, “It was not just a talkie. It was a talking and singing film with
more singing and less talking. It had a number of songs and that actually set the
template for the kind of films that were made later.”?
8. X’s first job was as a milkman in Edinburgh with St. Cuthbert's Co-operative
Society. X then joined the Royal Navy, but was later discharged on medical
grounds because of a duodenal ulcer. Afterwards, X returned to the co-op, then
worked as, a lorry driver, a labourer, an artist’s model for the Edinburgh college
of art and a coffin polisher. Identify X, who is a famous Actor.
9. Teresa and Kissy Suzuki are the wives of which famous character?
10. Milou, Professeur Tournesol, Dupond et Dupont are the french names of the
characters in which comic series?
11. Which music group derives its name from a medieval British torture device?
12. Complete the anology – The Walkman : Sony :: The Discman : ________.
13. In fairy tales, how do we know Princess Aurora better?
14. This is a first line from which children’s classic also made into a disney film: “
All the children, except one grow up...”?
15. Which famous combine wrote the lyrics and musical score of the all time
Favourite, ‘The Sound of Music’?
16. Who is the director of the movie, “Bandit Queen”, a film on the bandit turned
Politician Phoolan Devi?
17. What are the names of the parent Dalmatians in the Disney movie, “101
18. With which musical instrument would you associate U.Srinivas?
19. In which city does Batman/Bruce Wayne live?
20. Which musical term means ‘Empty Orchestra’ in Japanese?
21. Name the postman in Asterix comics.
22. Which optical company received an honorary Oscar in 1954 for its contribution to
the advancement of the motion picture industry?
23. X was the First Actor in the Indian Film Industry to get Doctorate for acting. X
was also the only Indian Actor to get “Kentucky Colonel”, a prestigious award
given by the Kentuky state, USA. The Success Rate of his Movies is 95%, highest
ever than any other actor in the Indian Film Industry. Identify X.
24. Main inspiration for the movie was from Sidney Sheldon's famous novel ‘Tell me
Your Dreams’ The movie Se7en is also said to be an influence as it too deals with
a serial killer who punishes those who sin. Identify this famous Indian movie.
25. Anagrams: Identify the famous Hollywood celebrities.
a) Alarm! Don Born
b) I’m so cuter
c) Wet skin Tale
d) I lure star Job