Presentation to the Midlands SIG
How Insights From Brain Research
Can Help You
Manage Projects and Influence Change
To give you
• a flavour of how the brain works
• a springboard for discussion and learning from each other
So you can
• reflect on your own situation and experiences,
• consider the implications for:
• you as a project/programme professional and,
• project/programme management as a discipline
By making the invisible more visible
“Whether you like it or not, everything you say
or do as a project/ programme/ change
manager by way of communication by every
verbal and non-verbal means is transmitted
into the feelings systems of others…”
…and has an impact on delivery
Neuroscience for Leaders, Swart , Chisholm & Brown 2015
In Trios / Pairs
• Where have you seen all/ part of the project stress
cycle play out?
• What was the impact?
• Where can you now see opportunities to interrupt it?
Making the invisible more visible
We are constantly setting up ‘invisible’ dynamics
through our interactions with others which have a
profound impact on how projects proceed.
Now we know they exist, we can begin to identify
and influence them.
Get in touch
together we can spread the word