CURRICULUM OF LL.B. PART-II
DESIGNED BY: ASMATULLAH KAKAR
There are seven subjects (Papers) in LL.B. II. Following is the Syllabus, Contents of
Syllabus and Recommended Books prescribed by Higher Education Commission
(HEC) and is the approved syllabi of University of Balochistan, Quetta.
PAPER-I THE CONSTITUTION OF PAKISTAN,
1973 100 MARKS
The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973, as amended up to date.
1. Constitution of Pakistan by Shaukat Mahmood.
2. Constitutional Law of Pakistan by Shabbar Raza Rizvi.
3. Constitution of Pakistan by Ahmer Fazeel.
PAPER-II ADMINISTRATIVE LAW 100 MARKS
Part – A Administrative Law 60 Marks
General principles of Administrative Law; Administrative act, delegated legislation,
administrative discretion, judicial review of the administrative acts and discretion,
administrative tribunals and Ombudsman.
Part – B Law s of Civil Service 40 Marks
Laws of Civil Service. Civil Servants Act, 1973, Federal Service Tribunal, 1973,
Government Servants (E&D) Rules, 1973 and Civil Servants (Conduct) Rules
1. Administrative Law by HWR Wade.
2. Principles of Administrative Law by Griffith, J A G.
3. Principles of Administrative Law by Jain and Jain.
4. Principles of Administrative Law Yasrdley, D C M.
5. Administrative Law by Faulkes, David.
6. Principles of Administrative Law by Hamid Khan.
7. Administrative Law by Prof. Sathe.
8. Administrative Law by Prof. Chakrwarti Civil Services Law and
Practice by Masud-ul-Hassan.
9. Manual of Civil Services Law by Janjua, Z I.
10. Civil Service Laws by Nisar Ahmad.
PAPER-III COMPANY LAW 100 MARKS
Part – A Companies Ordinance, 1984. 80 Marks
1. Historical background
2. Kinds of companies
3. Difference between a company and other associations
4. Formation of company
5. Promoters, pre-contracts
6. Articles and Memorandum of Association
9. Capital, shares, stock, Mortgages
10. Management, Directors
11. Meeting, Resolutions
12. Audit and Accounts
13. Winding up, Kinds
14. Consequences of winding up and dissolution
Part – B The Partnership Act, 1930. 20 Marks
Partnership Act, 1930: All provisions of Partnership Act.
PAPER-IV LAW OF TRANSFER OF PROPERTY 100 MARKS
Part – A The Transfer of Property Act, 1882 80 Marks
Principles and all the detailed provisions of the Act
Part – B The Registration Act, 1908 20 Marks
Principles and all the detailed provisions of the Act
1. Transfer of Property Act (Commentary) by Shaukat Mahmood.
2. Transfer of property Act (Commentary) by Dr C M Hanif.
3. Transfer of Property Act (Commentary) by I A Kazi.
4. The Registration Act by Shaukat Mehmood.
PAPER-V MUSLIM PERSONAL LAW 100 MARKS
Muslim Personal Law and Law of Inheritance, in light of the Qur’anic Verses and
relevant enactments such as:
i. The Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939.
ii. The Muslim Family Laws Ordinance, 1961.
iii. West Pakistan Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1962
iv. The Guardians and Wards Act, 1890 (only Ss. 7, 8, 12, 25)
3. Modes of the Dissolution of Marriage
6. Parentage – Legitimacy and acknowledgement
7. Guardianship of Person and property
11. Inheritance-General Rules
12. Sunni Law of Inheritance
13. Shia Law of Inheritance
1. Outlines of Mohammadan Law by A A Fyzee.
2. Islamic Law Theory and Practice by Aziz Ahmad.
3. Islamic Law by D F Mulla.
4. Islamic Law by Syed Amir Ali.
5. Islamic Law by Dr. Muhammad Hamid Ullah.
6. Islamic Law of Inheritance by Hamid Khan.
PAPER-VI PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW 100 MARKS
1. Nature, origin and Basis of International Law
2. Material Sources of International Law
3. Subjects of International Law
4. Relation between International and State law
5. States in General
7. State Territorial Sovereignty
8. State Jurisdiction
9. State Responsibility
10. Succession to Rights and obligations
11. The State and the Individual
12. The State and the economic interest
13. Diplomatic Envoys, Councils and other Representatives
14. The Law and Practice as to Treaties
15. The International Disputes
16. War, Armed Conflicts and other Hostilities
18. International Humanitarian Law
19. International Institutions including International Criminal Court
1. Principles of Public International Law by Brownie.
2. International Law by Oppenheiun, Vol.I & II Edited by H. Lauter Pacht.
3. Introduction to International Law by J G Starke.
4. Law of Nations, Brierly, J L.
5. International Law by Schwazanberger.
6. International Law by Tandon.
7. International Law by DJ Harris.
8. International Humanitarian Law – a compilation of selected texts by ICRC-
9. International Institutions by D W Bowett.
PAPER-VII CONSTITUTIONAL HISTORY
OF PAKISTAN 100 MARKS
1. Salient features of the Government of India Act, 1935
2. Indian Independence Act, 1947
3. Objectives Resolution, 1949
4. Report of the Basic Principles Committee
5. Draft constitution of 1954
6. Salient features of the 1956 Constitution
7. Constitution Commission of 1960 (Shahabuddin Commission)
8. Salient features of the 1962 Constitution
9. Abrogation of the Constitutions and the Martial Laws
10. Legal Framework Order, 1970
11. The Interim Constitution of 1972
12. Fifth and Sixth Constitutional Amendments in the 1973 Constitution
13. The PCO of 1981
14. The RCO of 1985
15. The Eighth Amendment
16. The LFO-2002 and The Seventeenth Amendment, 2003
17. All the Development since 2002 till 2014
1. Maulvi Tamizuddin Khan v. Federation of Pakistan PLD 1955 Sindh
2. Federation of Pakistan vs. Maulvi Tamizuddin Khan
3. Reference by the Governor-General PLD 1955 FC 435
4. State v. Dosso PLD 1958 SC 533
5. Usif Patel v. Crown PLD 1955 FC 387
6. Begum Nusrat Bhutto v. Chief of the Army Staff PLD 1977 SC 657
7. Hakim Khan v. Government of Pakistan PLD 1992 SC 585
8. Nawaz Sharif v. President of Pakistan PLD 1993 SC 473
9. Benazir Bhutto v. the President of Pakistan PLD 1992 SC 492
10. Khawaja Muhammad Sharif, PLD 1988 Lah. 725
11. Federation of Pakistan v. Haji Saifullah Khan PLD 1989 SC 166
12. Khawaja Ahmad Tariq Rahim PLD 1992 SC 646
13. Benazir Bhutto v. President of Pakistan, PLD 1998 SC 388
14. Asma Jilani v. Government of the Punjab PLD 1972 SC 139
15. Mir Hassan…
16. State v. Zia ur Rehman PLD 1973 SC 49
17. Mahmood Khan Achakzai v. Fed. of Pakistan PLD 1997 SC
18. Zafar Ali Shah case, 2000 23
1. Constitutional Development of Pakistan by G W Chaudhry.
2. Constitutional Documents of Pakistan by Safdar Mahmood.
3. Constitutional and Political History of Pakistan by Hamid Khan.
4. Book by Justice M. Munir.
5. Khalid Bin Sayed.