Assembler Tanka “Shooting Star”
• Fully functional program with just 31 bytes.
• Run on CP/M + Z80 CPU !
• Right after execution, the program waits for your
• Give your wish, then the program will repeat it three
times – Young Japanese say this means a way to
make a wish when you see the shooting star.
Atarikuji Atarikuji Atarikuji
Repeat your input
Begin with light
letters (‘0’ to ‘9’)
for the first half
Use 0x2C (INC L)
instead of 0x23 (INC HL)
for the strength at the
center of ‘Tanka’
Smooth flow with
Terminate with big
Place heavy letters
(‘A’ to ‘F’) at the end
• In many cases, you can adjust the order of
instructions so that the codes look nice.
• I believe the order here is the best for this program.
Viewing Codes on Graphs
Each line gets strength gradually and terminates.