• Free, open source, web-based tool
• Conversational Framework (Laurillard,
• Puts learner experience at the heart of
• It supports sharing and reuse of learning
designs within the community
• Self-study but with social presence
• No expert to go to, only light-touch
• Own learning goals / own pace…
• …But towards the final product
• 23 participants from 5 consortia (Ghana,
Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka)
• Key questions:
– Does the course support immediate
application of learning in practice?
– Can it be delivered in a non-facilitated mode?
• 11 out of 23 completed the course project
– Pilot: Some “just wanted to see the course”
– Online learning imposed on top of other things
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 International licence.