Population Data Workbench - Meteorology Data Query
Tutorial: Meteorology Data Query on population data Workbench Annual precipitation data as well as daily precipitation data can be obtained from Population Data Workbench for limited regions.
Meteorology query site <ul><li>Direct link: https://grassi2.ucdavis.edu/Workbench/Meteorology/ </li></ul>From Workbench main page, click ‘ Get Meteorology Data ’ link. Note: This page is password protected. You need to login first to access this page.
1. Data input file Download sample file for an example. Sample CSV file looks like this. Organize your site coordinates as shown here using any spreadsheet program and save the file as ‘.csv’ format.
2. Query page Set margin, maximum distance between the position defined in the user input (your collection site) and weather station position stored in the meteorology database. The margin of ‘ nearest ’ selects the closest site from a given coordinate. Click Browse button to select the coordinate input files. Click Submit button after you select input file. Distance calculation method
3. Query page help Link to a Help page. Click query criteria for detailed explanation as shown on the right.
4. Output explained Name, latitude and longitude of a weather station. Annual meteorology data given the recording year at the end. Click link to get daily meteorological data for this meteorology station and recording year. Export results in text format.
5. Daily meteorology data Link to a daily meteorology data for the corresponding weather station and recorded year. A pop-up window will open to display data as shown on the left.
Note : Meteorology data <ul><li>Mali meteorology data is purchased by Dr. Charles E. Taylor at UCLA. </li></ul><ul><li>For using in publication, please acknowledge the use of data. </li></ul><ul><li>If possible, please send us reprints/citations of paper or oral presentations based on data obtained from this site. This will help us to stay informed of how the data are being utilized. </li></ul>