1. Push-Ups: Push-up is a basic exercisethat is done by simply raisingand lowering the body withthe support of thearms. Triceps pushups aredone by placing your hands onthe floor right below yourshoulders, while holding yourbody straight. Now lower yourchest by bending your elbowsand pushing back into theinitial position. If you feel thisexercise difficult, you canmake it easier by placing yourknees on the floor.Thisexercise trains the muscles ofchest, shoulders and arms.
2. Bridge: Bridge exercise usuallystrengthens the wholeabdominal region, hamstrings,the lower back and the glutes. Itis considered as the basic rehabexercise that improves spinalstabilization. Lie down on yourback by putting your arms byyour sides. Now bend your kneesand raise your hips whilemaintain your back straight andkeeping your feet on the floor.Let the hips be in a straight linewith your shoulders and knees.Hold it there for 30 seconds andgently lower your hips back tothe initial position and repeatthe same for several minutes.
3. Leaps: Leaps / skaters are legstrengthening exercises. Thisis a great exercise for sportspersons, which improvespeed and grace. In order todo perfect leaps, get into asemi-squat position and jumpsideways and then land onyour right foot. Repeat thesame process in the oppositedirection, now land on yourleft foot.You can performthese leaps regularly tostrengthen your legs.
4. Plank Crawl: One of the best plank variationsinvolves crawling.This exerciseroutine helps you tone your abs, back,and shoulders.Crawls are designed touse the upper and lower body inunison.To do a plank crawl you needto get in a pushup position, thenlowering yourself down into the plankposition by balancing on yourforearms, elbows and toes. Nowbalance on one arm the come back toyour initial push-up position, repeatthe process by alternating the arm.You have to maintain a straight bodyduring the exercise routine. Plank iscommonly practiced in Pilates andyoga.You can decrease the difficultylevel by lowering your knees to thefloor.
5. Squats: Squats are really greatexercises for your buttocksand legs. Squat is a position inwhich you couch or sit withknees bent close to the heelswith your thighs parallel tothe floor. It is a full body workout that primarily targetships, thighs and buttocks. Ifyou find this exercise routinedifficult then try the samesitting on a chair andstanding up, now repeat thisprocess a number of times totone your body and providesome benefit to it.
6. Walking Lunges: Walking Lunges are very highintensity exercises that helpin strengthening thighs andhips. Stand tall with your feetshoulder-width apart. Nowstep forward with your rightfoot the land on your leftknee and then on forefoot.Make sure that you keep yourknees at 90 degreesapproximately. Stand onforward leg with the help ofrear leg. Alter the leg andrepeat it again.This exercisecan be done by holding a pairof dumbbells in both yourhands.
7. Single Leg Balance: This is one of the hardcoreexercises that targets legpower.The first thing youneed to do in this exercise isto balance on your left legand lean forward at the waistby keeping your bodystraight. Now extend yourright leg towards the ceiling.You should maintain a slightbend in your left knee.Thenraise your upper body to theinitial position. Repeat it afew times for a betterworkout. If you found thisbalancing difficult, hold yourback leg for support initially.
8. Superman Back Extension: This exercise will help youincrease the strength of themuscles along the lower backand gluteus. In order toperform this exercise, Lie onyour stomach and gentlyraise your legs and upperbody at the same time.Always keep your headstraight in this position. Holdit there for 2 - 3 seconds andrepeat it for 10 – 12 timesdaily to increase your legpower.
9. Bird Dog: Bird-dog is an excellent exerciseto stabilize the lower back(spine) during extremitymovement. It works on abs,back, hips and butt. Begin with ahands and knees position(downward dog) with yourfingers pointing forward. Makesure that your hands are underyour shoulders and knees areunder your hips. Slowly stretchyour opposite leg and armalmost parallel to the floor. Holdyour balance for a few secondswithout arching or sagging yourback. Return to the initialposition slowly and repeat thesame alternating sides.
10. Side Plank Hip Drops: Side plank is the best exercisethat helps you build corestrength.This exercise primarilytargets on arms, legs and back.Begin this exercise routine bylying on one side with yourelbow lined directly under yourshoulder. Lift your hips off thefloor by supporting your bodywith your forearm and keepingyour feet stacked on top of oneanother on the floor. Hold yourtorso steady for 3 -5 seconds andthen slowly lower your hips ontothe floor repeat the sameprocess by switching sides.