Recruitment and Selection
Maruti Suzuki India Limited
About the Company
• Maruti Udyog Limited (MUL) was established in February
1981, though the actual production commenced in 1983
with Maruti 800, based on the Suzuki Alto kei car which at
the time was the only modern car available in India, its only
competitors – the Hindustan Ambassador and premier
Padmini were both around 25 years out of date at that
point. Through 2004, Maruti has produced over 5 million
vehicles. Maruti cars are sold in India and various several
other countries, depending upon export orders. Models
similar to Maruti (but not manufactured by Maruti Udyog)
are sold by Suzuki and manufactured in Pakistan and other
South Asian countries.
• To create a vibrant dynamic organization by
getting the best available talent, continuously
upgrading them & making them self reliant; To
have HR systems and processes that are
contemporary, relevant to Business need and
create strong engagement leading to high
productivity and Quality of our products and
• Lead and Facilitate change towards creating a
positive environment for employees where
people understand and believe that they have
to contribute to the fullest in making MSIL an
excellent company which can then facilitate
for the employees opportunities for career
development & growth and a feeling of pride
to be a part of MSIL.
Purpose and Importance of Recruitment
• Attract and encourage more and more candidates to apply in the
• Create a talent pool of candidates to enable the selection of best
candidates for the organization.
• Determine present and future requirements of the organization in
conjunction with its personnel planning and jobs analysis activities.
• Recruitment is the process which links the employers with the employees.
• Increase the pool of job candidates at minimum cost.
• Help increase the success rate of selection process by decreasing number
of visibly under qualified or overqualified job applicants.
• Help reduce the probability that job applicants once recruited and
selected will leave the organization only after a short period of time.
• Begin identifying and preparing potential job applicants who will be
• Increase organization and individual effectiveness of various recruiting
techniques and sources for all types of job applicants.
Sources of Recruitment in MSIL:
• Campus Recruitment
Selected empanelled campuses
• Lateral Recruitment
HR Recruitment Process at MSIL
The HR recruitment process can be divided into
1. Manpower Budget
• With the advent of internet, internet has become
one of the major sources of recruitment through
lateral route. Internet or e-recruitment is the use of
technology to attract candidates and aid the
recruitment process. It lets firms target many
qualified candidates for a job, screen them in
seconds, and contact the best ones. It is only one –
twentieth the cost of ad hiring and slices fifteen days
off the usual forty three day hiring cycle.
The logic process followed in iRecruitment is as follows: