OOPs fundamentals session for freshers in my office (Aug 5, 13)
Ashoka R K T
Get this session’s stuff at http://c-smil.es/oopstalk
What are we going to see?
• Object oriented thinking
• Object oriented programming
Object Oriented thinking
• What comes to your mind hearing the word
• Why do we need software?
– To manage things(objects)
• What is present in a software?
– Objects are present in Software
What are we going to see in OOP
• Properties and Fields
• And the variations of the above, but these are
• What is “Class”
• Class means classification of objects
• ..that’s it
• We use classes to classify objects
Creating objects of a Class
• Employee emp = new Employee();
• We already discussed, so.. what are objects?
• We create objects using a class’ specification
• Public - everywhere
• Private – same class
• Protected – accessible from derived class
• Internal - same assembly
• protected internal – different assembly but
should inherit – rarely used