In this presentation you will find a guide to prepare a presentation that you will be exposing on wednesday. Remember to use the tenses that we practiced last week. The simple present and the simple past.
How to Structure a
A Guide with
por Darvin D. Aranda
cn=Darvin D. Aranda,
o=Darvin D. Aranda,
The Structure of Presentations
Introduce yourself Outline your talk
Move to the body
Summarize main points
Conclude your talkInvite questions
Accept questions and comments
Greeting the Audience
• Good morning/afternoon/evening.
• Hello everybody.
• It’s very nice to be here.
• I’m very pleased to be here with you.
• It’s a pleasure to be here today.
• My name’s John Doe and I’m from XYZ
Ltd. I’m here today to talk to you about
• I am Jane Doe and I represent ABC Co.
I’ve come here today to explain ……
• I think you all know me. I’d like to talk
to you about….
Outlining Your Talk
• I’ve divided my talk into three parts. I plan to
speak for about fifty minutes. I’ll be happy to
answer your questions at the end of my talk.
• My talk will focus on three areas and will take
about thirty minutes. Please feel free to
interrupt me if you have a question.
• In the first part I will look at …..
The second part will deal with …..
In the final part I’ll ……
The Main Body
• I’d like to start now by looking at ….
To begin with, I’m going to …..
• Moving on now to my next point : …..
Let’s turn now to ……
• Could you please look at the screen for a
I’d like to show you an example of what I
• As I’ve already said ….
I’ll go into this in more detail at a later stage.
• I’d like to end now by summarizing the
main points of my talk.
• What we have looked at here today is
• I’d like to end now by thanking you for
• That’s all I have to say about this
subject for now.
• I’ll be happy to answer your questions
• We have some time for questions and
• If you have any questions, I’ll be
pleased to answer them now.
Handling Questions and
• That’s an interesting comment. Thank
you for that.
• That’s an interesting question. I’ll try to
• I don’t think I can answer that just now
but I’ll find out for you.
• Choose one of the following topics and
prepare a talk about:
- ELISA- Why people get sick?
- DULCE – Religions.
- JUDITH – The best heritage.
- LEON – World’s crisis.
- SERGIO – The importance of family.