Facebook,Twitter and Linkedin. advantages and Disadvantages
A Web site that provides a
venue for people to share their
activities with family, friends and
colleagues or to share their
interest in a particular topic.
Eg:- Facebook, Google+,
LinkedIn and Twitter are the
leading social sites.
• Members can create an online
profile with biographical data,
information they choose to
Facebook was founded on February 4, 2004 by Mark
Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow
Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew
McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.
The founders had initially limited the website's
membership to Harvard students, but later expanded it
to colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and
Facebook now allows anyone who claims to be at least
13 years old to become a registered user of the
Users must register before using the site, after
which they may create a personal profile, add
other users as friends, exchange messages,
and receive automatic notifications when they
update their profile.
Mark always said Facebook was started not
just to be a company, but to fulfill a vision of
connecting the world".
• Facebook is free and it's one of the best
medium for communication.
• With the help of Facebook you can connect to
different people from anywhere in the world,
because almost every people familiar with
Internet are using Facebook.
• Facebook is the most appropriate tool for
finding Old friends
• We can share our feelings an what's happening
around in our daily life through Facebook.
• Facebook has good privacy setting which gives
you the option to maintain privacy according to
• You can use Facebook groups to connect all your
close friends together. You can also maintain the
privacy of the group by making it private.
• Facebook email is very useful too. Facebook
now offers us an email address to receive
email outside of Facebook such as, Yahoo,
Gmail, outlook and Hotmail.
• Facebook plays a very important role in
getting latest valuable information
• Facebook advertising and Fan pages are very
helpful for a successful marketing campaign to
many business organization.
• You can chat with friends by using Facebook. The
Facebook messenger application is very handy for
• Students can use Facebook for group study by
creating a group only for studying. There you can
share any information about your projects ,
homework , assignments , exams , due date etc
• Facebook online games are really popular and
• Facebook is Addicting! For some people
Facebook could be more addicting than
• Fake profile and ID! Fake profile is one of the
biggest disadvantage of Facebook. Now it is
easier to create fake profile with a stolen picture
• here are plenty of groups and Fan pages out
there which are being created to abuse or violate
other religion , personalities , nation etc.
• Facebook often brings bad effects on students
• Beside students, people who works in offices
wastes their time in browsing Facebook. That's
why many offices have decided to block Facebook
completely from their network.
• Facebook can be life threatening sometimes.
Many unknown people can track your activities
and where you are going. As a result you can face
• People can be easily stolen
Twitter is an online social networking and
microblogging service that enables users to send and
read "tweets", which are text messages limited to 140
Registered users can read and post tweets, but
unregistered users can only read them.
Users access Twitter through the website interface,
SMS, or mobile device app. Twitter Inc. is based in San
Francisco and has offices in New York City, Boston, San
Antonio and Detroit.
Twitter was created in March 2006 by Jack
Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone and Noah
Glass and by July 2006, the site was launched.
The service rapidly gained worldwide
popularity, with 500 million registered users in
2012, who posted 340 million tweets per day.
A Powerful Tool for Obtaining Information / news.
To reinforce Personal Brand and awareness
Make new friends.
Twitter and Mobile.
• Many twitter user’s privacy and security issues
have became a matter of serious concern. Many
people feel insecure to use Twitter as it shares all
your personal information with third parties.
• Often users find it difficult to express themselves
in a precise 140 characters.
• Through twitter any one can follow you, and you
can follow anyone. So you don’t know whether
the people who are following you are actually
paying any attention to what you want to convey.
• Twitter is time consuming. Your work, social
interaction can suffer due to your continuous
• Spams and viruses: When the use of the
internet world has increased, the potential
risks that one can obtain from the internet
have increased as well.
• LinkedIn is a social networking site designed
specifically for the business community. The goal
of the site is to allow registered members to
establish and document networks of people they
know and trust professionally.
• A LinkedIn member’s profile page, which
emphasizes employment history and education,
has professional network news feeds and a
limited number of customizable modules. Basic
membership for LinkedIn is free. Network
members are called “connections.”
• LinkedIn is a social networking website for people
in professional occupations. Founded in
December 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003, it
is mainly used for professional networking.
• The site is available in 20 languages, including
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese,
Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Romanian,
Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Czech, Polish, Korean,
Indonesian, Malay, and Tagalog.
You can post your resume including all the
companies you've worked for and it helps find
connections from those jobs for you to add.
• You can join groups related to your business as
a way of meeting new people.
• Using LinkedIn helps you increasing your social
networking with various people across the
• Is not user friendly
• There is huge learning curve when introduced
to navigating and understanding the sites
• Lots of data entry, not a great plus for people
who don't have a lot of time to spend on the