Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
SUMMER TRAINING REPORT
SUBMITTED IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT OF
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWARD OF
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINSTRATION
List of Contents
Objective Of The Study
Source Of Data
Limitations Of The Study
Departments In Company
Observation Based On
These develop students’ professional and
practical skills, encouraging them to apply skills and
knowledge acquired through study in a real-life
environment. Students are placed with an employer
to work on a research project or undertake work
experience under the guidance of industry and
Students not only have to acquire knowledge
but also the process and art of learning, and
industry training allows them to refine their skills
and knowledge. Many students who performed well
have been employed immediately as permanent staff
The training project is done in financial
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
To familiarize with the different departments in the
organization and their functioning.
To study about the working conditions provided by
To analyze promotional activities followed by the
To get a deep knowledge about the financial product
and services in the business world.
SOURCE OF DATA
Data used for this study both primary and secondary.
• Primary data is collected by personal observation made during the study period.
• Secondary data collected from website related field , company websites and
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
As data are collected through interviews, the information is subject to the bias
of the individuals.
It’s been tough to understand the market in a short period.
Dealers were busy with their clients during market hours so it’s tough to
understand the market moves.
It’s tough to get the organizational structure as officers report to headquarters
and higher officials in mails different locality.
V: VENKAT KRISHNA
• Karvy was started by a group of five chartered accountants in
• The partners decided to offer, other than the audit services,
value added services like corporate advisory services to their
• The first firm in the group, Karvy Consultants Limited was
incorporated on 23rd July, 1983.
• Karvy was among the first few members of National Stock
Exchange, in 1994. Became a member of The Stock Exchange,
Mumbai in 2001.
• Dematerialization of shares gathered pace in mid-90s
• Karvy was in the forefront educating investors on the advantages
of dematerializing their shares.
• Today Karvy is among the top 5 Depositary Participant in India.
Name Karvy Stock Broking Limited
Sub Brokers 19000
No. of Employees 3910
No. of Branches 581
Every 10th Demant account is held at karvy
Every 50th Indian os serviced by karvy
Every 20th trade in stock market is done through karvy
India’s no.1 registrar and transfer agency
Every 6th invester in india invest through karvy
• Chief Executive Officer - Mr.Parthasarathy
• Research head - Mr.J.K.Jain
• Product head Distribution - Mr.Rajivsingh
• Product head Distribution (MF) - Ms.Nandhini.Y
• Cluster manager (Tirunelveli) - Mr.S.Ganesan
• KARVY TUTICORIN
• Branch started - 2004
• Branch coordinator - Ms Bhavanidevi
• Total no of clients - 2500
• Active clients - 200
• Average pan registration daily - 40
• Average mutual fund monthly - 30lakhs
• Average demant account
opening per month - 10
• Weekly meeting (web meeting) - Saturday (11.00 to 12.00)
• Daily meeting (web meeting) - Morning (9.00 to 9.15)
ORGANISATION STRUCTURE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
IRO / DEALER
(PAN / TDS/ TAN)
PRODUCT AND SERVICE PROFILE
Karvy is a service oriented company. Service rendered by karvy stock
brokering ltd, Tuticorin
• Share Trading
• Mutual Fund
• PAN / TDS / TAN
• Fixed Deposit
• Commodities & Currency (service not rendered in tuticorin, because of
commodity market timing 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. (summer) and 10.00
a.m. to 11.55 p.m. (winter) (Mall not allowing late night trading after 9.00
Definition: The capital of a company is divided into shares. Each share forms a unit of ownership
of a company and is offered for sale so as to raise capital for the company.
Trading department is handled by Ms.Bhavanidevi (branch coordinator) and
Total no of clients - 2500
Active clients - 200
Daily Average Trading - 60 lakhs
Preopen - 9.00 a.m. to 9.07 a.m. (Monday to Friday)
Market Time - 9.15 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
After market order - 5.30 p.m. to 8.00 a.m. (Monday to Friday)
Buying and selling of shares in both BSE and NSE mostly karvy is preferring nifty to their
Observation On Trading Department with the help of Ms.Bhavanidevi &
• Basics about share market & careers in share market broking NCFM
• Primary market and secondary market verified registration certificates.
• Demant account opening and reactivation details (KYC form , 2 photos, 1
cancelled cheque leaf ,Investment amount cheque, 6 months bank statement,
• Performance of a company's in money control website and particular sectors.
• Clients follow-up through phones data taken from IRIS.
• Saving A/c , Trading A/c, Demant A/C trading procedure and circulation of
money in trading.
• Intraday activities and limits for clients, futures and options share trading
• Credit limits for the clients
• Period for freeze account.
Observation On Trading Department with the help of Ms.Bhavanidevi &
• Commodities market / market timing and tricks
• Equity derivatives Cash/futures/options
• GOTX software used for trading
• Trading keys and shortcuts used in GOTX
– F6 – market depth,
– F3 status pending,
– F8 executed status,
– F7 net position trade ,
– F1 / + to buy share ,
– F2 / - to sell share.
• Other than GOTX and Commodities Nest software
• LBC Form with trade statement is dully signed by traders ( To protect company legally incase of
unawareness of client trade )
• DRF (Demant requestation form)
• MACD (Moving Average Convergence Divergence) indicator which helps in share trading
mostly long term trade and other indicators used in share trading's
• Web Meeting by research head ,CEO product head and technologies used in communication
• Roles and responsibilities of a dealer in karvy.
Mutual FundAnd Marketing Department
Mutual fund and marketing department is handled by Mr.Paramasivam (IRO)
An investment vehicle that is made up of a pool of funds collected from many investors for the purpose of investing in
securities such as stocks, bonds, money market instruments and similar assets. Mutual funds are operated by money
managers, who invest the fund's capital and attempt to produce capital gains and income for the fund's investors. A
mutual fund's portfolio is structured and maintained to match the investment objectives stated in its prospectus
Mutual funds serviced by KSTL
(Axis, Baroda pioneer, Canararobecco, Quantum, Religare, UTI, Reliance, Pramerica, Peerless, Motilal Oswal, IDBI )
Insurance is the equitable transfer of the risk of a loss, from one entity to another in exchange for
(For Two wheelers and Four wheelers )
A fixed deposit (FD) is a financial instrument provided by banks which provides investors with a higher rate of interest
than a regular savings account, until the given maturity date
Fixed deposit serviced by KSTL
(Bajaj finance limited, DHFL AAHRAY deposit 365 Trusts, DHFL AAHRAY Deposit 400 days, DHFL AAHRAY
deposit plus, DHFL swayamidha deposit, HDFC Deposit)
Observation On Marketing Department with the help of Mr.Paramasivam
• Knowledge about mutual fund
• Ratings of mutual fund
Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL).
• How mutual funds helps in tax evasions
• Mutual fund returns – close ended (1yr) and open ended
• Fixed deposit terms and conditions and schemes
• Newly issued NCD - PUBLIC ISSUE NOTE Public Issue of
Secured Redeemable & Unsecured Redeemable Non-Convertible
Debentures by Muthoottu Mini Financiers Limited and observed
• Different mutual fund company offering different portfolio mix
• Insurance for two wheelers and four wheelers
Registration For PAN/TDS/TAN Department
Registration Department is handled by Mr.Alex (IRO)
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued in the form
of a laminated tamper proof card, by the Income Tax Department of India.
The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is unique to an individual or entity and it is valid
across India. Permanent Account Number once allotted to an individual or entity is
unaffected by a change of name, address within or across states in India or other factors.
MEANING OF PAN CARD
A typical Permanent Account Number is would look like AFZPK7190K.. The logic behind
the array of numbers and alphabets is as follows:
First three characters i.e. "AFZ" in the above PAN are alphabetic series running from AAA
Fourth character i.e. "P" in the above PAN represents the status of the PAN holder.
"P" stands for Individual.
"F" stands for Firm.
"C" stands for Company.
"H" stands for HUF.
"A" stands for AOP.
"T" stands for TRUST etc.
Fifth character i.e. "K" in the above PAN represents first character of the PAN holder's last
Next four characters i.e. "7190" in the above PAN are sequential number running from 0001
Last character i.e. "K" in the above PAN is an alphabetic check digit.
TAN(Tax deduction account number )
TAN is the Tax-Deduction Account Number i.e. the account number
allotted by Income Tax dept. to the assesse who has right to deduct tax at source on
income(TDS) or collect at source (TCS).
TDS (Tax Deduction At source)
TDS is one of the modes of collection of taxes, by which a certain
percentage of amounts are deducted by a person at the time of making/crediting
certain specific nature of payment to the other person and deducted amount is
remitted to the Government account
Observation On Registration Department With The Help Of Mr.Alex
• Requirements for PAN card registration(ration card not valid)
• 2 passport size photo Age proof Address proof
• Why pan / pan requirement in case of minors Any issuse’s
• Filled and verified PAN Application form
• Average daily pan registration nearly 40.
• If any mistake in PAN card holder has to reapply with correct proof
• PAN card can be received with in 15day by couriers service
• TAN & TDS is not observed pratically
CMS (Cash management Service)
Act as the middleman between account holder and bank providing services by
collecting and depositing cash and cheques to the banks. Service provided to Citi
bank mostly to shipping companies
Observation On CMS Department with the help of MR.Anand
• Duties of CMS Roles and responsibilities
• Collection cash and Cheques from Shipping Companies on behalf of CITI bank
• Copies send to (Hyderabad headquaters , Citibank Chennai office , Karvy
tuticorin & customers)
• Verified pickup sheet for cash and cheque
DATA ENTRY DEPARTMENT
Sending Reports to clients greeting letter updation letter from tuticorin karvy
Observation On Data Entry Department With The Help Of Ms.Radha
• Upadating Clients
• Printed Copies of Mutual fund to Clients
• Posting fund Receipts
• Customers prefer the Karvy for PAN registration as it is well known financial agency.
• Customers prefer the Karvy share trading because of brand image concern started from 1983.
• Advertisements of Karvy are not having reach.
• Well standardized firm provide clients to trade through online, mobile applications, instant mobile
messages alert of shares, Fully computerized firm
• Clients utilizing company websites for more details, complaints, etc.
• Message intimation from karvy research team is good and helpful for the dealers and clients
• Good incentive schemes for the officers
• Good HRIS helps to claim allowances, online leave requesting.
• Good security facilities for using systems and web surfing employees ID and password required.
• Every employees has different Services to provide little unawareness of other products they provide
• Mostly employees connects to higher officials through intra-mail / inter-com
• Messages are passed through whatsapp application as business world moves to smart applications
• There is good interaction between every investment relationship officers even they handle different
Products like(pan , tds , insurance ,fixed deposit, mutual fund , share trading , cms )
• Every officers reports to different officials as according to the flow of authority of different
• There is pleasant handling with the customers.
• Sometimes pan registration will be over crowded makes uneasy for the officers to give service.
• Providing Newspaper, Television, finapolis, and many financial magazines to stimulate clients for
• Office environment should need a change
• Frequently conduct client awareness program
• Meeting conducted by technical experts based on the behavior of the market the dealers
should understand the importance of the research meeting.
• Conduct new investors campaign in rural area, corporate offices, colleges, malls, etc.
• Not only in equity trading Tuticorin Karvy can also start trading commodities as earliest.
• Mostly investors have no idea about the graphs, chats and indicators how it helps in
trading and growth of the company they invested.
• Concentrate on fast account opening to gain more customer satisfaction.
This summer training is very much useful in career for understanding the importance of
financial services, necessary of Permanent account number, mutual fund investment, cash
maintenance service, Equity Trading, Different modes of investment in the business world
Summer training is useful for management students which helps to understand a business
concern doing how they provide service to their customers / clients and also this training
helps to understand the business activities done in the business concern. Nowadays planned
investment is a must. The study help to learn about shares, mutual fund, fixed deposit, and
finacial services with the help of KARVY stock Broking limited, Tuticorin.
For providing this opportunity to get knowledge about
security market helps me for my finance elective
Guides and friends in karvy helped me.