“It all started with a mouse…..”
Disney, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a
leading diversified international family entertainment and
media enterprise with four business segments
Parks and Resorts
Media Networks comprise a vast array of
broadcast, cable, radio, publishing and Internet businesses.
ABC Television Network
Walt Disney Internet Group (WDIG)
3.) The Walt Disney Studios
The Walt Disney Studios distributes motion
Walt Disney Pictures - which includes Walt
Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation
DisneyToon Studios - Touchstone Pictures,
Hollywood Pictures and Miramax Films.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International serves as the studio's
international distribution arm.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment distributes Disney and other film titles
to the rental and sell-through home entertainment markets worldwide.
Disney Music Group distributes original music and motion picture soundtracks
under Walt Disney Records, Hollywood Records, and Lyric Street Records.
The Walt Disney Company (India) Pvt. Ltd
Subsidiary of Walt Disney Company.
Develops ,produces movies &
videos for children.
Targeted at children aged 8-12 .
Launch: December 2004
Location: Mumbai, India.
• 2004 –Disney Channel & Toon Disney
• 2006- Hungama TV & investment in UTV.
• 2007- Disney's first local movie, Roadside Romeo.
Sony Pictures Entertainment
• Global Standardization
• Target Customer: Children
• Creative process
• Popular Brand Name
• Excessive Research & Development
• Constant Up Gradation
• High Investment
• High Risk Factor
• Global Localization: Think global, Act Local
• Characters of national or regional appeal
• Cheaper alternatives to soft toys
• Disney Music Channel
• Disney School of Management/ Training Institute
• Competitors: National, Regional & Global
• Employee Retention
• Highly Demanding in terms of Sales, Creativity and Innovation
• Brand Consistency
• Product Differentiation