• It is impractical to follow a strict diet on a daily basis.
• Eating regimes are ﬂexible as long as we compensate with
• Current media awareness. (Low Carb diets i.e. Atkins)
• Obesity Crisis
– Dr. Mary Vernon
(trustee of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians)
– “People that are already obese, are getting even bigger”
• A balanced diet is needed for a healthy organism, and physical
activity is needed to regenerate and strengthen muscles, joints
• How can I ﬁt exercise in my life?
– How can I keep up with it?
10,000 steps ~ = 5 miles
Distance varies with height, the taller you
are, the longer the stride length.
IT IS NOT OUT OF REACH
• Average sedentary person walks
between 2,000 and 3,000 steps
– Weight control
– Improved blood pressure
– Reduced cholesterol levels
– Decrease in the risk of cancer,
diabetes, and heart disease.
Eat anything you want !
• AND BE CONCIOUSS
• * ABOUT COMPENSATING *
• WITH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Ten ideas to get Active…
• 1. Mow the lawn
• 2. Go for a walk in a nearby park
• 3. Take the stairs instead of an elevator
• 4. Bike to work, to run errands, or visit friends
• 5. Clean out the garage or the attic
• 6. Walk with a friend over the lunch hour
• 7. Walk your dog
• 8. Sign up for a group exercise class
• 9. Avoid remote controls!
• 10. Park at the farthest end of the lot