1.To secure access to information.
2.To promote transparency.
3.Accountability in working of every public Authority.
4.To fulfill democratize objective.
6.Transparency of information.
1. Disclosure may conflict with other public interest.
2. Efficient operations of the Government.
3. Optimum use of Limited fiscal resources.
4. Preservation of confidentiality of sensitive information
1. Harmonizing conflicting interests.
2. Providing/furnishing certain information to citizens.
Any material in any form including records, documents,
memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars,
orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models,
data material held in any electronic form.
Information relating to private body accessed by public
authority under law.
Any Authority – established/constituted.
By/under the constitution
By any other law.
By notification by Government.
Body owned, controlled and substantially financed.
NGO substantially financed by the Government.
Any documents, manuscripts and file.
Any microfilm, microfiche and facsimile copy of a
Any reproduction of image/images embodied in such
Any other material produced by a computer or any other
“Right to Information”(2(j))
Right to information under this Act which is held by or under
the control of any Public Authority and includes right to.
Inspection of work, documents, records.
Taking notes, extracts or certified copies of documents/
Taking certified samples of material.
Obtaining information in the form of diskettes, floppies, tapes,
video, cassettes/ other electronic mode/ print outs of
information is in a computer/ any other device.
Person other than the citizen making request for
information and includes public authority.
Right to information.—Subject to the provisions
of this Act, all citizens shall have the right to
SOU MOTO DISCLOSURES
Every Public Authority Shall :
a) Maintain all records duly cataloged and indexed.
b)Record to be computerized (availability of resources) and
connected to network.
c) Publish all relevant facts while formulating important policies.
d)Provide reasons for its administrative or quasijudicial decisions
to affected persons.
Public Authority to Publish :
1. Particulars of its organization, functions and duties.
2. Powers and duties of its officers and employees.
3. Procedures followed in decision making process including
channels of supervision and accountability.
4. Norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
5. Rules, regulations, instructions manuals and records held by it or
under its control/ used by employees for discharging its functions.
6. Statement of categories of documents held by it/ under
7. Particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with
public to the formulation of its policy/ implementation
8. A statement of the boards/ councils, committees/ other bodies
Whether meetings are accessible to public
Minutes of meetings accessible to public
9. Directory of its officers and employees.
10. Monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and
11. Budget allotted to each of its agency.
Plans, expenditures and report disbursements.
12. Manner of execution of subsidy programme, amounts
allocated & details of beneficieries
13. particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or
authorization granted by it.
14. Details of information held by it in an electronic form.
15. Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining
Working hours of reading room/ library for public use.
16. Names/ designations and other particulars of PIOs.
17. Such other information as prescribed and updation every year.
4(2) Constant Endeavour to provide information sou motu at
(3) Every information is to be disseminated widely.
(4) Information dissemination--- cost effectiveness, local
language,electronic format, may be free or cost as
Dissemination of Information :
6)Inspection of offices.
Suo Motu Disclosures :
(1) Information related to public procurement.
a)Publication of notice/ tender inquires.
b)Details of bid awards.
c)Detailing of name of suppliers.
d)Rates & total amount of works contracts.
(2) Public Private Partnership
b) Concession agreements.
c) O & M manuals.
d) Other documents.
e) Fees, tolls, other revenue.
f) Process of selection PPP.
(3) Transfer Policy & Transfer Orders.
a) All cadres/ grades.
b)Transfer orders on website.
(4) RTI Applications.
a) Disclose RTI Application & Appeal received and their
response except personal information.
(5) CAG & PAC Pares.
a) CAG & PAC Paras & ATRs after laying in the parliament.
(6) Citizens Charter.
(7) Discretionary & Non-Discretionary Grants.
(8) (1) Foreign tours of MPs and Ministers & officials of JS
rank & update every quarter.
(2) Nature of official tour, places visited, period, number of
people included & total cost.