Be the first to like this
Introduction to machine learning terminology.
Applications within High Energy Physics and outside HEP.
* Basic problems: classification and regression.
* Nearest neighbours approach and spacial indices
* Overfitting (intro)
* Curse of dimensionality
* ROC curve, ROC AUC
* Bayes optimal classifier
* Density estimation: KDE and histograms
* Parametric density estimation
* Mixtures for density estimation and EM algorithm
* Generative approach vs discriminative approach
* Linear decision rule, intro to logistic regression
* Linear regression