Whether you are planning a weekend trip away or a tour of the British Isles, Arnold Clark have some helpful hints on driving long distances, to make sure you have a pleasant and enjoyable journey.
1. Ensure you carry out car safety checks : • check brakes, tyres, lights and air conditioning • check petrol, water and oil levels and top up where necessary.
2. Plan your route beforehand; either use a map, online route planner or a satellite navigation system. If you are using a satellite navigation system ensure you have a hard copy of your route in case your battery runs out or you lose signal.
3. Make sure you always take regular breaks whilst driving long distances. If possible, share the driving duties.
4. Pack food and water in case you are stuck in any unexpected traffic jams.
5. Finally, before you embark on your travels check you have packed : • breakdown details • torch • reflective triangle sign • high- visibility jacket • jumpleads • water • first-aid kit.
Arnold Clark is Europe's largest independently owned, family run, motor dealer. They are specialists in used cars and new cars .