For the eighth consecutive year, Arnold Clark is delighted to support the In-Car Child Safety - Good Egg Guide campaign. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the importance of using correctly fitted child seats or restraints.
1. Child seats should fit BOTH the child and the car – use the correct seat for the child and the vehicle.
2. After an impact of any type, your child seat and seatbelt should be replaced.
3. Check that the buckle doesn’t rest against the seat frame as it could shatter under stress.
4. Remember, if you take the car seat out for cleaning; make sure it is re-installed correctly.
5. Always make sure that the harness on the child car seat is tight with no twists.
6. Never tuck the seat belt under the child’s arm or behind their back.
7. Ensure that the chosen retailer has trained members of staff, will fit and check the seat and will guide you through the fitting process
Arnold Clark is Europe's largest independently owned, family run, motor dealer. They are specialists in used cars and new cars . If you would like more information about In Car Child Safety, visit www.protectchild.co.uk to find a car clinic near you.