Chocolate is made from beans derived from the cacao tree. These beans are very bitter, so the cocoa solids and the
cocoa butter has sugar added to it, along with some other ingredients in order to make the chocolate delight pudding
dessert that is available to the general public.
Chocolate is particularly popular at certain times of the year, such as Easter, Valentines Day and Christmas. As such,
chocolate shaped gifts are popular. Hearts for Valentinesday and cute bunnies at Easter are two high up on the gift
selection list. Here are 10 interesting facts about chocolate:
1. Chocolate is lower in caffeine than tea, coffee and coca cola. A one ounce bar of chocolate contains about 6mg of
caffeine, whereas a five ounce cup of regular coffee contains over 40mg.
2. Chocolate was regarded as an aphrodisiac by Aztec Indians.
3. Chocolate containtheobromine, which is a mild relative of caffeine and magnesium. This chemical is found in some
tranquilisers. Because coffee also contains caffeine, it both picks you up and calms you down.
4. It is widely believed that chocolate consumption releases a chemical into your body very similar to what is produced
when you are in love.
5. Chocolate manufacturers use 20% of the worlds peanuts and 40% of the worlds almonds.