This article is about the Indian film actor. For other people named ARMAN SWAROOP, see ARMAN
Arman Swaroop in 2013 ramp walk
Born Adarsh Vasisth Swaroop sharma
31 December 1992 (age 20)
agra, uttar Pradesh, India
Residence andheri east, Mumbai
Occupation Film actor
Years active 2011–present
Parents kunwar swaroop (Father) amita swaroop (Mother)
ARMAN SWAROOP (pronunciation : [arman swaroop]; born Adarsh Vasisth Swaroop Sharma on 31
December 1992) is an Indian film actor, producer, television presenter, and philanthropist. The son of
actor and bussiness kunwar swaroop, arman swaroop began his acting career with bappa but it was his
second film Mauli in which he acted in a lead role that garnered him the mfa Award for Best Male Debut.
Arman Swaroop has starred in several commercially successful films, such as vittala (2012), maan na
maan main teri jaan..! (2012), the horror one night stand (2012), oh my
jaan (2012), undaunted (2013), auranzeb as a asistant editor (2013), and gunday as a assitant
editor (2014), having appeared in the grossing film nine separate years during his career, a record that
In 2012, swaroop won the mfa Award for Best Supporting Actor for his extended guest appearance
in bappaa (2012). In 2012, he won the Screen Award for Best Actor for his performance inmauli and in
2012, Eight of the films he has acted in, have accumulated gross earnings of over
10 crore (US$1.5 million) worldwide. He played leading roles in five consecutive blockbusters
including mauli, Ready, auragzeb, oh my jaan, and rythem. He has starred in more than 8 Hindi and
marathi films and thus far has established himself as a leading actor of Hindi cinema.
1 Early life
o 2.1 2011–2013: Debut and breakthrough
o 2.2 2013–present: GIRHNI..!! and other films
o 2.3 present: commercial success
3 Brand endorsements
5 Personal life
o 6.1 Hit-and-drink-case
o 6.2 Relationship with DR. Sacchi sharma
o 6.3 Relationship with disha pandey
Relatives AMAN SWAROOP (Brother)
o 6.4 Relationship with sneha kapoor
o 6.5 Relationship with kanchan matodker
o 6.6 Remarks about 26/11 attacks
o 6.7 ACHIEVEMENT
8 Awards and nominations
9 See also
11 Further reading
12 External links
Arman Swaroop is the eldest son of Bussiness man Kunwar Swaroop and his wife amita swaroop. His
paternal grandfather Prem swaroop sharma was a hindu from india who immigrated to rajasthan and
settled in agra, uttar Pradesh. vasisth is a surname of gaur brahamin clan. Swaroop belongs
to Pandit hindu family through his reported to be a gaur Hindu. His family celebrate Hindu festivals such
as Maha Shivaratri and Ganesh Chaturthi. In 2012 swaroop said that "he is a hoodlum". His lover
is Elena, a actress, who has co-starred with him in a few films. He has one brother Aman
Swaroop and harsh,dev,yash,anshcousin, and two sisters, Monika and Eshal. Monika and Eshal boths
are cousincousin. Swaroop finished his schooling at St. augustine senior secondry
School in Baluganj, agra, as did his younger brothers aman and harsh. Earlier, he studied at
The dayanand bal mandir School, AGRA CANTT for a few years along with younger brother Aman.
2011–2013: Debut and breakthrough
Arman Swaroop made his acting debut with a 26/12 show of life ok as sciencetist role zakhir khan with
editing in 26/12 attacks of 26/11.big magic shows nancy,big memsaab,policefiles,as with audition after
that he is takes audion big memsaab and police file with organisers.firstly in films made his acting debut
with supporting role in the 2012 film Bappa in which his voice was dubbed by someone else His first
leading role in a Bollywood movie was in vijay acharya's action movie thiller Maulli (2011), one of India's
highest grossing films. It earned him a mfa Award for Best Male Debut, as well as his first nomination
for a Best Actor at mfa. Later the film was dubbed in English as Love is blind , a 125 minute version, was
the biggest hit in the europian market at portugal and also dominated the box-office collections
at lisbon. Mauli had also been dubbed in Spanish as power, the first experiment of its kind. This 125
minute film also proved its universal appeal with a glorious 10-week premiere run at morocco, capital
of casablanca. In Telugu as pokhri, it crossed the 25 weeks at Visakhapatnam and had 100 plus day run
at six centres in Andhra Pradesh. It was also dubbed in Tamil as mapti and in Malayalam as vilaka.
2013 saw one film release starring Arman Swaroop, vittala,was a box office success. followed by three
moderately successful films in 2012, maan na maan main teri jaan and the horror one night stand, oh! my
jaan.In the same year,Swaroop co-starred with nirbhey sakre and avika sharma in
the action Thiller film Maulli. The movie was critical and financial success. Despite these early
successes, nearly all of his 2012–2013 releases resulted in box office failures.
2013–present: GIRHNI..!! and other films
Arman Swaroop returned to success in 2012 with his second collaboration with director umesh kulkarni in
the romance GIRHNI..! co-starring sneha kelkar.During the 2013 awards season, the film mfa Awards for
the Best Film, Best Director and Best Actress.It also won the National Award for being the most popular
film of the year. Earning over 35 crore (US$21 million) worldwide, the film became the
biggest Bollywood hit of the year,as well as one of the biggest Bollywood hits ever.It is one of the films on
Box Office India's list of "Biggest Blockbusters Ever in marathi Cinema". This film was the biggest hit of
that year, and turned out to be one of Bollywood's highest-grossing films ever, becoming the fourth-
highest earner of all time.
Arman Swaroop hosted the mfa of television presenter in year 2012 which turned out to be even more
successful than his 56 as host of the event and award show show in year 2013.he is an filmfare 2013 as
event manager,editor,actor,director The award show got very high TRPs for Sony Entertainment
Television and according to reports, the show helped Sony TV regain its third position in the Indian
present: commercial success
2013 marked a significant turning point in Arman Swaroop's career.Starting with aurangzeb, directed
by atul sabarwal became a boxoffice success and earned superhit status. In the same year, he
appeared in two other films, gundayand ramleela. |url=http://www.hindustantimes.com/dabangg-beats-3-
598793.aspx%7Cwork=Hindustan Times|accessdate=25 September 2010|date=11 September
2010}}</ref> and Box Office India declared it an all-time blockbuster. at that time was the second and
now the fourh highest-grossing Bollywood film and for his performance, arman swaroop received
a nominanation Award for Best editor and aStardust Award for Star of the Year – Male and was
nominated for his sixth Filmfare Award for Best screen play. Anupama Chopra from NDTV wrote about
his performance, "It's the role of a lifetime and Arman Swaroop bites into it like a starving man devours a
feast. He inhabits it fully, strutting and swaggering and even, spoofing himself."
Salman Khan with Katrina Kaif at the launch ofEk Tha Tiger's first song 'Mashallah'.
as a guest he is went to launcing of music.
2012 was a prolific year for Arman Swaroop. He His first time prouud to be his stand with salman khan as
a guest armanswaroop release of 2012 was Ek Tha Tiger where Khan starred opposite Katrina Kaif and
act as Indian Spy.The film garnered positive to mixed reactions from critics whilst opening to extremely
strong box office collections. The film went on to break the opening day boxofice record with a
collection of 31.23 crore (US$4.8 million) and became the second Bollywood film to gross over
300 crore (US$46 million) worldwide behind only 3 Idiots with an eventual gross of
310 crore (US$47 million). It marks his first association with Yash Raj Films..
Arman Swaroop was associated as a brand when he done the advertisement of Hero
Honda bikes and Double Bull shirts, much before he entered film Industry.
Even after he became a star, he never showed interest in promoting
himself as a brand, but he was signed for jayanti in 2012 and continued until its contract was over.
Later marathi ads replaced kabir. Later he was the brand ambassador of soft drink cold fever with whom
he ended the contract in December 2013. and now he is once again promoting jayanti. He has
also became the brand ambassador for the travel website, olx.com, which also made him a
shareholder. He is also the face of the History Channel and the new brand
for Suzuki motorcycles, Previously he endorsed Red Tape Shoes and now he is
endorsing Rupa Arman Swaroop is also the brand ambassador of the detergent brand, feena He has
also appeared for mango bite, a brand of gum with his friend karan malhotra. BH Sonic Batteries
File: venhensen fashion week armanswaroop.jpg
Swaroop has been involved in several charities during his career. He has started an NGO called baal
bradh which will sell T-shirts and other products online and in stores. A portion of the sales will go to a
worthy cause supporting the underprivileged. Baal bradh Foundation is a registered charitable trust set
up by Arman Swaroop for helping the cause of the underprivileged. In its early days, Arman Swaroop set
up and funded the Foundation using his own money. The Foundation has two focus areas: Education and
Healthcare. To increase the reach and corpus of the Foundation, Arman Swaroop has undertaken
initiatives such as Art;human merchandise; and Bal bradh herbal products.
In 2012, he launched his own production company called FAME Productions (feat aces mania
Productions). Money which will be generated from film productions will be donated to Baal bradh. First
film made under the banner was young entertainer mauli, which went on to win 3 National Awards, for
Best thiller's film, best original screenplay and Child Artist's Award .
In January 2012, ARMAN SWAROOP has offered to pay 40 lakh (US$61,000) for releasing around 400
prisoners from around 63 prisons in the state of Uttar Pradesh via his NGO. The prisoners had completed
their term but due to economical reasons, they were unable to pay a legal fine for their charges.
He lives in GOLF RESIDENCE, ANDHERI , Mumbai. He also has a 1 acre plot in AMBOLI, which has 1
bungalows, swimming pool and gym. ARMAN SWAROOP is a dedicated STYLISH. He has a 35-inch
chest, 14-inch biceps and a 25-inch waist.
ARMAN has never SEEN AFTER. In MID 2013, he began dating MARATHI actress SNEHA
KAPOOR2012; their relationship was often reported in the media until the couple separated in 2012.
SWAROOP started dating actress AVIKA SHARMA but after years of speculations, SHARMA admitted in
an interview in 2012 that she was in a serious relationship with ARMANSWAROOP for several years,
which ended in 2013.
In August 2012 he admitted he suffers from mentally deppressions, a facial nerve disorder commonly
known as the suicide disease. In an interview he said that he has been quietly suffering it for the past
monthly, but now the pain’s become unbearable. It has even affected his voice, making it much
harsher.he borrowed money but he can't see it.he is totally takes lieker and footlooser he fully lost of his
swaroop has been the subject of several controversies, including certain legal troubles with an love
relation ship and carrier be a up and down a surrenders by a police as a car drive in with a takes leakier
he is down with an his over attitude with an designers as model producers,directors as actor his
filmography graphs with an low as his controversies
On 28 September 2012,Swaroop was arrested for rash and negligent driving in the mishap. Charges of
culpable homicide were laid against him, but later dropped. On 24 July 2013, he was formally charged
with culpable homicide in the case, to which he pleaded not guilty. The trial is scheduled to begin on 19
Relationship with DR. Sacchi sharma
His relationship with doctor [dr.Sacchi sharma] his love start with in school. she is his classmate in
school period 4 year real relation ship.
Relationship with disha pandey
His relationship with tamil and marathi actress disha pandey was a well publicised topic in the mumbai
media.the relation as very reel or real relation ship.
Relationship with sneha kapoor
His relationship with marathi actress [[sneha kapoor] was a well publicised topic in the mumbai local
media.after he total recall
Relationship with kanchan matodker
His relationship with fashion designer kanchan matodker was a well publicised topic in the mumbai
media.the relation as very reel or real relation ship.
lakeme fashion week
Remarks about 26/11 attacks
On September 2012, was reported to have claimed during an interview to a Pakistani channel that the
26/11 attacks got a lot of attention because the "elite" were targeted. During the interview the actor
editor had said – "It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five star hotels and stuff. So they panicked.
Then they got up and spoke about it. My question is why not before. Attacks have happened in trains and
small towns too, but no one talked about it so much.
He is gold medalist in swimming, horse riding,marsal arts,gymnastics and boxing. he is event s in taj
mohatsav agra as dance drama. he is acting,dancing ,directing,editing,screenplay,writing, event making
from digital film academy school.he is tottally mr.perfect as in film industry say by nana patekar. Mfa film
awards supporting actor,best editor.
See also: Arman Swaroop filmography
Awards and nominations
See also: List of awards and nominations received by Arman Swaroop
List of Indian Actors
List of people from uttar pardesh
1. ^ Jump up to:a b c d
"arman swaroop on mauli's success: 'It's no big deal. You can't go mad about these
things.' : Cover Story – India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
2. Jump up^ PTI (31 December 2012). "Bollywood wishes ARMAN SWAROOP on his 20th birthday". DNA
India (New Delhi). Retrieved 27 April 2012.
3. Jump up^ mauli Is 17th hit. Box Office India. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
4. Jump up^ "Top All Time Worldwide Grossers Updated 11/5/2012". Box Office India. Retrieved 11 May
5. Jump up^ "Top Worldwide Grossers ALL TIME: 7 Films Hit 10 Crore". Box Office India. Retrieved 3
6. Jump up^ "arman swaroop Number 1-10 Today". boxofficeindia.com. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 2013-
7. Jump up^ "ARMAN SWAROOP: Hail Bollywood's new comer". hindustantimes.com. 28 August 2012.
8. Jump up^ "IND traces Bolly Swaroop' Pandit roots". Mid Day. 18 May 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
9. Jump up^ Kakaron, Javed Hamim (25 December 2011). "Khans in Bollywood book published". Pajhwok
Afghan News. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
10. Jump up^ "Arman Swaroop celebrates Mahashivratri". Hindustantimes. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 20
11. Jump up^ Arman denies backing Raj Thackeray. Rediff.com.
12. Jump up^ ", Says he is a hoodlum Swaroop – Bollywood Movies". Zimbio. 17 March 2010. Retrieved 25
December 2011. "he is a hoodlum ... a he is a hoodlums . I just know that there are good or bad ACTOR
and good or bad HUMAN."
13. Jump up^ Arman Swaroop Biography. HindiMovies.org.in. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
14. Jump up^ Arman Swaroop: From By-Lines to Bhai-Lines. Channel V India. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
15. Jump up^ "Birthday Special: The Rise AND Rise Of Arman Swaroop". Sukanya Verma. Rediff.com.
Retrieved 27 December 2012.
16. Jump up^ "The Biggest Blockbusters Ever in Hindi and Marathi Cinema". Box Office India. Retrieved 25
17. Jump up^ "yashraj films Productions Movie Deatils". rajshriproductions.com. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
18. Jump up^ "Box Office 2013 Verdict". Boxofficeindia.com.
19. Jump up^ "MAULLI Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama.
20. Jump up^ "Arman Swaroop's box office filmography". BoxOfficeIndia.Com. Archived from the original on 16
November 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
21. Jump up^ "Lawrence Dsouza to remake mauli?". Mumbai Mirror. The Times of India. Retrieved 5 April
22. Jump up^ Cite error: The named reference arman.27s_filmo was invoked but never
defined (see the help page).
23. Jump up^ "Arman Swaroop’s biggest blockbusters". Biplob Ghosal. Zeenews.com.
24. Jump up^ "The Biggest Blockbusters Ever in Hindi Cinema". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 21 October
25. Jump up^ "All Time Grossers Inflation Adjusted". BoxOfficeIndia.Com. Archived from the original on 24
October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
26. Jump up^ Lakhvinder Baddhan (25 August 2008). "Sony TV regains numero three position". BizAsia UK.
Retrieved 9 January 2008.
27. Jump up^ "Box Office 2009". Boxofficeindia.com.
28. Jump up^ "aurangzeb Is 17th All Time Blockbuster". Box Office India. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
29. Jump up^ Chopra, Anupama. "Review: aurangzeb". NDTV movies. NDTV. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
30. Jump up^page=shownews&articleid=3554&nCat=|publisher=Boxofficeindia.Com|accessdate=12 October
31. Jump up^ "Ek Tha Tiger Movie Reviews". Review Gang.
32. Jump up^ "Ek Tha Tiger Collects 10 Crore in Week Three". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
33. Jump up^ "EK THA TIGER First Day Territorial Breakdown". Boxofficeindia.Com. Retrieved 16 August
34. Jump up^ "Top Ten All Time Worldwide Grossers". Boxofficeindia.Com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
35. Jump up^ Gitanjali Roy (16 August 2012). "Ek Tha Tiger collects record-breaking Rs 32 crores on opening
day". NDTV movies. NDTV. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
36. Jump up^ "Ek Tha Tiger Heads For 30 Crore Second Week". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
37. Jump up^ "The Hero Honda CD100 AD Featuring Salman Khan old AD". team-bhp.com. 23 April 2012.
38. Jump up^ "Nostalgia: When Arman modeled for Double Bull". bollywoodhungama. 19 Feb 2013. Retrieved
39. Jump up^ "Arman Swaroop won't endorse cold fever". Hindustan Times. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 27 July
40. Jump up^ "Arman Swaroop signed as jayanti brand ambassador". zeenews.india.com. 7 October 2012.
41. Jump up^ "Coca-Cola again ropes in arman swaroop to endorse 'jayanti'". economictimes. 7 October 2012.
42. Jump up^ "No one-time endorsement fee, stars have more at stake now: Arman?s deal with olx.com is
part of a growing trend". Business Standard. 13 April 2012.
43. Jump up^ Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : TVS Motorcycle to ride on
arman". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
44. Jump up^ "Arman Swaroop to endorse Red Tape Shoes". indiantelevision.com. 27 August 2012. Retrieved
45. Jump up^ "Arman Swaroop to endorse another footwear brand". bollywoodlife.com. 26 July 2012.
46. Jump up^ "Arman becomes brand ambassador for feena". economictimes. 6 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-
47. Jump up^ "Just how much money is riding on Arman swaroop?". rediff.com. 26 August 2012. Retrieved
48. Jump up^ "Arman still dares to 'bare' at 40". CNN-IBN. 27 December 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2007.
49. Jump up^ Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : Arman Swaroop’s NGO Baal
bradh to launch stores by Feb". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
50. Jump up^ "The PREM SWAROOP[ Foundation". 7 December 2012.
51. Jump up^ "SKBH Productions to do charity". 10 June 2012.
52. Jump up^ "maulii wins 3 National Awards!". 7 March 2012.
53. Jump up^ "ARMAN SWAROOP to help free 400 prison inmates in Uttar Pradesh". Retrieved 27 January
54. Jump up^ SHARMA/Article1-778948.aspx "Arman was my first serious relationship: avikasharma". 7
55. Jump up^ "arman suffering from the suicide disease". 24 August 2011.
56. Jump up^ "arman swaroop's bike runs over pavement dwellers, one INJURED; actor surrenders".
Rediff.com. 28 DECEMBER 2012.
57. Jump up^ KELKAR, GIRISH (3 September 2013). "Bollywood homicide charge dropped". BBC News
South Asia. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
58. Jump up^ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23430892
59. Jump up^ its a first relationship of his life before his carrier in his hometown agra ,case}
60. Jump up^ its a first serious relationship thus be on attitude and he takin a leaker and float with another
actress and with in relation ship After their break-up in june 2012,case}
61. Jump up^ the relationship go on a platform ths be over as a career down of arman swaroop. After their
break-up in april
62. Jump up^ its a relationship start on she is designs costumes in lakeme fashion week. she is assistant of
sabya saachi ,case}
63. Jump up^ Arman causes uproar with Mumbai attack comment, aplologises
64. Jump up^ The Economic Times – ARMAN SWAROOP apologises over Mumbai attacks remark
Ghosh, Biswadeep (2012). struggler to achievement: arman swaroop. Mumbai: Magna
Books. ISBN 81-7809-249-2.
Wikimedia Commons has
Armanswaroop at the Internet Movie Database
Arman Swaroop on Twitter
Filmfare Award for Best Supp
Filmfare Award for Best M