1. “ And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of ARARAT” Genesis 8:4 Varoujan Davoud Amirkhanian Aug. 10, 2010 A Personal Quest for the Search of Noah’s Ark (Noyan Tapan)
2. Mount Ararat Armenian : Մասիս , Արարատ Turkish : Ağrı Dağı Kurdish : Çiyayê Agirî Persian : کوه آرارات (Kuh-e Ararat) Greater Ararat (the tallest peak in Turkey, and the entire Armenian plateau with an elevation of 5,137 m/16,854 ft) Lesser Ararat (with an elevation of 3,896 m/12,782 ft)
3. Ararat Location Mount Ararat is located in the Eastern Anatolia Region of Turkey between Doğubayazıt and Iğdır , near the border with Iran and Armenia , between the Aras and Murat Rivers. Its summit is located some 16 km (10 mi) west of the Iranian and 32 km (20 mi) south of the Armenian border. The Nakhchivan exclave of Azerbaijan is also in close proximity to the mountain. The Ararat plain runs along its northwest to western side
4. Geology Ararat is a stratovolcano , formed of lava flows and pyroclastic ejecta, with no volcanic crater . Above the height of 4,200 m (13,780 ft), the mountain mostly consists of igneous rocks covered by an ice cap
19. Dr. Pavel Avetisyan Director of the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography RA National Academy of Sciences Director of the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography of the Armenian National Academy of Sciences Pavel Avetisyan and Professor of the California University Grigor Arshyan today presented a 5,500-year-old shoe recently found in Armenia during an excavation jointly conducted by Armenian, Irish and American archeologists
23. Samvel Karapetian; Prominent Armenian Historian Research on Armenian Architecture (RAA) Organization Samvel Karapetian is an Armenian historian, researcher, author and architecture expert specializing in the study of the historical monuments of Karabakh and other regions in Armenia and elsewhere. He has surveyed thousands of Armenian sites during the course of more than two decades. He is currently head of the Yerevan branch of the NGO Research on Armenian Architecture .
26. Armenian History & Noah Hayk, Haig ( Armenian : Հայկ , also transliterated as Haik ) is the legendary patriarch and founder of the Armenian nation . Moses of Khoren or Movses Khorenatsi ( Armenian : Մովսես Խորենացի ): Hayk was a handsome, friendly man, with curly hair, sparkling eyes, and strong arms. He was a man of giant stature, a mighty archer and fearless warrior. Hayk and his people, from the time of their forefathers Noah and Japheth , had migrated south toward the warmer lands near Babylon. In that land there ruled a wicked giant, Bel. Bel tried to impose his tyranny upon Hayk’s people. But proud Hayk refused to submit to Bel. As soon as his son Aramaneak was born, Hayk rose up, and led his people back to the land of his forefathers, the land of Ararat . At the foot of the mountains, he built his home, Haykashen.
37. Noah’s Ark Search 2009 Gerrit Aalten the well known Ark Researcher & Historian (1996) Davut Cimrin Expert Climber
38. New Evidence Emerges in the Search for Noah’s Ark Ancient Wood Structure Discovered on Mount Ararat Press-Conference @ Hong Kong & Beijing April 25 & 28, 2010 Chinese and Turkish explorers who found wooden structure on Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey believe is none other than Noah’s Ark
39. Noah’s Ark found on Mount Ararat? On April 25th, the team from Noah’s Ark Ministries International (NAMI) that explored Mount Ararat announced at a press conference in Hong Kong that the wood specimens they had retrieved last year from the “large wooden structure” they discovered more than 4,000 meters above sea level were found to be 4,800 years in age – a figure that would correspond with the time of Noah, based upon a literal reading of the Bible.
40. Noah’s Ark found on Mount Ararat? Backed by Turkish government officials and his group’s own set of experts, NAMI representative Man-fai Yuen said, “We believe that the wooden structure we entered is the same structure recorded in historical accounts and the same ancient boat indicated by the locals.” Dr Oktay Belli, an archaeologist at Istanbul University: “The search team has made the greatest discovery in history.
41. Noah’s Ark found on Mount Ararat? This finding is very important and the greatest up to now.” According to Belli, there has never been human settlement above 3,500 meters on Mount Ararat, which has long been considered the location of where Noah’s Ark settled following the receding of the flood recorded in the Bible. In Genesis 8, it is recorded that “the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat”. “Mount Ararat is a holy place and has rich historical accounts about Noah’s Ark on the mountain,” said Belli on Sunday April 25, 2010. “Many people have searched the mountain for the holy Ark.
43. Hong Kong Press-Conference Mr. Gerrit Aalten, renowned Dutch Ark researcher said, “The significance of this find is that for the first time in history the discovery of Noah’s Ark is well documented and revealed to the worldwide community.” Just a few of the many details that are matching this find: “ The Ark found above the 4000 meters level” “ The Ark is slightly tilted” “ The Ark has reddish/brown wood appearance” “ The Ark is decayed and broken and has a hole” through which one can enter” “ The Ark is partly embedded in the ice and rock debris” “ The Ark is very solid and of high quality” “ The Ark is very dark, long and rectangular” In conclusion, Mr. Aalten said , “ there’s a tremendous amount of solid evidence that the structure found on Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey, is the legendary Ark of Noah .”
44. Noah’s Ark Ministries International & the Team Ahmet Ertugrul (Parasut), the search team leader, was the first to get information on the location and then started the search Ark Researcher: Clara Wei Mountain Guide: Mehmet Ceven (left) NAMI Team (right)
49. Noah`s Ark found on Mount Ararat? Tenon construction was found in the structure witnessed by Panda Lee
50. Noah`s Ark found on Mount Ararat? Panda Lee said, “In October 2008, I climbed the mountain with the Turkish team. At an elevation of more than 4,000 meters, I saw a structure built with plank-like timber. Each plank was about 8 inches wide. I could see tenons, proof of ancient construction predating the use of metal nails. We walked about 100 meters to another site. I could see broken wood fragments embedded in a glacier, and some 20 meters long.
51. Noah’s Ark found on Mount Ararat? The team has not entered this space. They viewed and took shots from a small opening above. The height and width are estimated to be 5 meters and 12 meters respectively
52. Noah’s Ark found on Mount Ararat? This room is box-shaped, having a dimension of height, width and length of more than two meters. There is a wooden beam with wooden nails on one side of the wall. It is believed that a rope was hooked on these nails to keep animals in place. On another side of the wall, there are racks
53. Noah`s Ark found on Mount Ararat? A few wooden staircases were found inside the structure, which seemingly craved by tree logs. Our team climbed one and found a door in the ceiling and concluded the wood structure has more than one floor. We tried to open it but failed. Since we did not want to destroy the structure, we will try again with appropriate equipment in the future