WHAT IS PERCEPTUAL MAPPING?
Perceptual mapping is a diagrammatic technique used by asset
marketers that attempts to visually display the perceptions of
customers or potential customers. Typically the position of a product,
product line, brand, or company is displayed relative to their
Sector Company Product Service Place
Barista Coffee Coffee
ANALYSIS FOR PERSONAL V/S BUSINESS
• Starbucks is more preferred for personal purpose than business
• Starbucks is considered as third place to hangout with friends after
home and office.
• CCD is mostly preferred for both personal and business purpose as
it tag line indicates a lot can happen over coffee
• Also it has lounges and squares for business purpose and personal.
• Barista is mostly preferred for personal use.
ANALYSIS FOR PRICE V/S QUALITY
• Starbucks beverages are high priced and have high quality
• They are valued for price.
• CCD beverages have moderate price and are of high quality
• CCD uses high quality beans for coffee
• Barista beverages are perceived as high priced by customers.
ANALYSIS FOR EXPERIENCE V/S COST
• Consumers are highly satisfied with the Starbucks services
• They derive the satisfied experience for what they paid
• Consumers derive more benefits than what they paid at CCD
• Consumers perceive that cost is more than the benefits received from
• Consumers are satisfied with Starbucks services but prices are bit high
• Consumers are delighted with CCD services but has to work on its
• Barista has to improve in its quality and make sure that its prices are