MENA online Use High-lights
• Racha Mourtada: Users aged 15 to 29 are driving force of growth of Facebook and
Twitter in our region - 98% on Facebook.
• Typically, internet users in the Middle East spend more than two hours online every day.
More than a third of respondents (38%) report spending between two and five hours
online, while another 34% spend more than five hours online daily.
• Social networking is the most popular online activity across the Middle East with 88% of
consumers reporting they use the internet for this daily.
• Middle East Digital Consumer Survey Report shows growth of e-commerce interest
among users 66% look up items online reviews prior to purchase - Mainly Via Mobil
• 88% of the Gulf states use Email heavily more like a messenger !
• Active Social Media Users are influential Online .
• They also Tend to be influential Offline :)
• Influence is Shifting from Media to Individuals.
• startups are rushing to measure & rank
influencers ( Celebrities )
Social Networks are becoming
trusted advisors for Brands
Companies Recognize the
CMOs worldwide plan to increase the
Use of Social Media
Taking Social Action...in
listening is now
Widely accepted as
Social Media is Shifting $ from
Staff + Social ads & community platforms are priority!
Marketing , PR & Customer care
are taking the lead
for integration is
Mobile Social Media Use is in
On the Go social Media Apps is becoming very essential in Mobile