Abstract: Chase to be compliant when you work with gov systems.
– Planning your move from traditional infrastructure to cloud.
– Rolling out CoreOs and Windows in the cloud as a part of infrastructure. Tough journey.
– Security in Openstack. How we passed IRAP assessment to ISM. Always hard to explain why software replace hardware.
– Swift. Good and bad parts.
– When to complain about OpenStack or Infrastructure.
Speaker Bio: Alexander Tsirel, HiveTec
Senior Developer/Devops in HiveTec. Moved from Estonia to join a huge project about building software deeply integrated with government Employment Services. Specialising in infrastructure architecting, cloud automation, continuous integration.
Working on infrastructure scaling for resource-hungry applications grid bundling docker, windows server, swift in one in our mission critical system.
OpenStack Australia Day Government - Canberra 2016
How about THIS
Delphi 4, VB, Batch ﬁles logic
Our personal Hell of old software
Talk with Cloud Provider
Not every Cloud Provider is ready to
Express your needs
Usual reaction after our Tech Demo
words don't come easy
Every Cloud Provider want’s you to follow THEIR workﬂow
Vault Systems: Securing Openstack in
Line with the Government ISM and PSPF
controls and how to deliver High
Performance Openstack Cloud to
address Government Legacy Systems
like they are talking about us
WE DON’T CARE
IaaS Customer is not in charge
- Cable management
- Network auditing
- Disabling Physical ports
*most of it