How to Create Multiple Views in
A few years back Microsoft entered the CRM industry with its Microsoft Dynamics CRM and
Dynamics 365, a product line. This product line includes apps for enterprise resource
planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM).
Dynamics CRM has become popular among enterprises for its focused features around the
Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service sectors.
Now, these are the sectors that include a lot of planning, meeting with customers, execution,
and time management. So, in this blog, we’ll walk you through how to create multiple
calendar views in Dynamics CRM to utilize Dynamics CRM calendar to its full potential.
Dynamics 365 Unified Interface provides three views of your activities: Day, Week and
Steps to create multiple views in Dynamics Calendar:
Step 1: Go to Settings → Customizations → Customize the System
Step 2: Select Entities → Appointment
Step 3: Click on Controls -> Add Control -> Select Calendar Control and then click on "Add"
Step 4: Configure the display settings like start date, description, end date, minimum event
Step 5: Click on save -> Publish All Customizations
After saving all the configurations, you will be able to view all the appointments in the
calendar. By default, Dynamics 365 provides 3 views in its calendar: Day, Week, Month. You
can choose between them according to your usage.
Even though there are three views for you to sort through your activities but actually you
can’t do much from the calendar itself. You can not add, edit, or delete activities from the
Dynamics 365’s calendar.
Now if you spend a lot of time shuffling between calendars and your CRM, then it’s time to
add an independent calendar solution to your stack.
You can browse for such a solution to MS AppSource and choose the one which fits your
In this blog, we’ve taken Calendar 365, a Dynamics CRM Calendar, to show multiple
calendar views that you can create and benefit from.
There are five views in Calendar 365 to check the activities as per the schedule days, dates
and times. With this calendar, you get a full-functioning calendar from which you can add,
edit, or delete activities.
Calendar 365 comes with two calendars. Resource Calendar, to manage the organization’s
resources, and Customer Calendar, to manage customers.
Once you’ve installed Calendar 365 and on the calendar screen, you’ll see three options in
the left panel: Resources, Users, and Views.
To create a unique view, navigate to Views drop-down list. Then select the view according
to your requirement.
There are four types of views of Dynamics 365 Calendar and they are as follows:
- Top-Down View
- Gantt View
- Timeline View
- Agenda View
Note: You can create all Calendar Views in Resource Calendar and Customer Calendars
-This view provides you a Top-Down view of the calendar in which you can view a column
per member on the horizontal axis and time on the vertical axis, and a plain view of activities.
Members can be user/team, account, contact or facilities/equipment depending on choice
selected by you.
- In addition, you can view the calendar in Top-Down View in the Day and Week view format.
- You can see the activities for the day in the Top-Down View.
Day Span View:
- You configure the number of days from default configurations in Day Span View of
- You can see the activities for the week in the Top-Down view as well by selecting the
- Similarly, in Month View, you will see the details month wise with the dates.
- Gantt view is to view activities scheduled for a specific day/time. It is a horizontal bar chart
that visually represents an activity or task with the start and end dates.
- You can view the Resources or Customers in top-down display and date range in a
horizontal display. Here, resources can be Team/User & Facilities/Equipment and customers
can be Accounts or Contacts and are displayed based on your selection of calendar view.
- In Gantt view, you can also view all or individual Events (Activities) along with its details like
name of the event, start date, end date, and resource name (as configured to view from the
- In addition, you can view the calendar in Gantt View as per the Day, Day Span, Week or
- A Timeline view of the calendar which provides a simple sequential overview of the
calendar separated by day and the selection of the Users/Teams & Facility/Equipment in
Resource Calendar and Accounts, Contacts in Customer Calendar.
- In addition, you can view the calendar in Timeline View as per the Day, Week or Month
- An Agenda view of the calendar which provides you a sequential list view with grouping
options for other resources like accounts, contacts, facilities/equipment or users/teams or by
date as per your requirement.
- In addition, you can view the calendar in Agenda View as per the Day, Week or Month
There’s a lot of untapped potential in your Dynamics CRM. And with the right applications
and software, you can streamline your organization’s multiple processes.