The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) Certfification
APMG International Webinar
Expanding Your ITSM Training Portfolio:
The Business Relationship Management
Professional (BRMP) Certification
Friday June 27, 2014
Presenters: Peter Lijnse, Service Management Art / BRM Institute
and Ronn Faigen, APMG-International
SUPPORTING WEBINAR RECORDING AVAILABLE AT:
• Welcome & introduction
– Ronn Faigen, General Manager – US, APMG International
• BRM Professional Training for ITIL ATOs
– Peter Lijnse, Managing Partner Service Management Art.
– Ronn Faigen, APMG
• Further information
Peter is an experienced IT Service Management
professional with in-depth knowledge of IT
Strategy, IT Service Management, IT Governance
and Business Relationship Management. Peter’s
background includes extensive training and
consulting , working with clients in North America,
Europe, and Asia.
Peter’s areas of expertise include, amongst
others, Business Relationship Management, IT
Service Management (ITIL) Consulting and
Education, COBIT, IT Governance, IT
Organizational Design and Transformation.
Peter is a Managing Partner at Service
Management Art in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Is there life after ITIL?
• Is the ITIL training market
• Is ITIL training becoming
• How can a training
organization leverage their
ITIL expertise into new areas?
• Are ITIL candidates interested in expanding
their own knowledge and skills?
• What is the next BIG THING?
described in the
Let’s start with
Business Relationship Management
But even before that . . .
From CSC Leading Edge Forum
Management helps to
close the IT-Business
ITIL Professionals are
looking for career
uniquely qualified to
assume this role
This is an opportunity
About the BRMI
About the BRMP
To inspire, promote, and develop excellence in
Business Relationship Management across the
globe, leading to outstanding business value for
organizations and professional fulfillment of every
individual member of the BRM community.
Why should ATOs adopt BRMP?
• It fits with their current ITSM or PPM portfolio
– Outlined in the SS guidance
– Required by ISO/IEC 20000:2011 standard
• It is profitable
• It is backed by a membership organization which
provides Marketing, Support, and Development
• The market has been demonstrated
• It opens new avenues for cross selling
What does this mean to the ATO?
“By 2016, Relationship Management and Change
Leadership will be the domain of as many as
20% of the IT workforce.” Gartner, January
1. “IT Professional Outlook, 2012 to 2016: Prepare for a Future Unlike the Past.” Gartner, January 27, 2012.
If 20% of your ITIL students attended the BRMP
certification class . . .
Would that be good business?
What does this mean to the ATO?
In Summary . . .
Everything is in place
A membership organization
A market to serve
This is not for everyone
For those ITSM training
organizations who are
looking to expand into new
and related areas
Who want to expand their
client base within existing
Early adopters reap the
• Business Relationship Management Institute
– Ronn Faigen: Ronn.Faigen@apmg-international.com / +1.781.275.8604
About APMG International
• Global examination & accreditation institute
• Examination Institute (EI) for the AXELOS Global Best
Practice portfolio (ITIL® , PRINCE2® , MSP® , etc)
• Extensive portfolio of professional management certification
schemes aimed at improving business processes, capability
• Work with key industry partners (e.g. AXELOS, IAITAM, IPMA,
ISACA, itSMF, DSDM Consortium) to promote best practice
• 300+ Accredited Training (ATOs) and Consulting (ACOs)
organizations with 1500+ approved trainers and consultants
• 18000+ candidates per month
• Full details at www.APMG-International.com