By: Ashley Pitchford
Take A Tour of Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO
Click Here to Exit..
Random Football Numbers
Facts #2 (Soccer) 2
Military Sports Holidays Leaders
Geography Economy Religion Flag
Alphabet People Geography 2
•Location: Southeast tip of Asia
Thailand, Bruni, and Indonesia
•Total Area: 127,317 mi 2
•Land Area: 126,854 mi2
•Central Mountain Range runs north to south
• West coast is marshy.
•East coast is sandy.
•East Malaysia has a wide swampy coastal
plain, with interior jungles and mountains.
• West Malaysia is also called Peninsular
Malaysia or Malaya.
• West Malaysia is mostly covered by
• West coast is marshy
•Ethnic Groups: 50% Malay, 24%
Chinese, 11% indigenous, and 7%
•Languages: Bahasa Malaysia
(official), English, Chinese
dialects, Panjabi, Thai
•50% of Malaysia is Malay.
•The Malay Language is a member of the
Austronesian family of languages.
•Major Trading Partners-
Singapore, Japan, USA
•Major Products / Industries-
Tin, rubber, palm oil, timber, oil, textiles and
•In 2007 Malaysia was the 3rd largest
economy in Southeast Asia
•In 2007 it was also the 29th largest economy
in the world.
Prime Minister- Najib Tun Razak
Najib Tun Razak said “ I wish to call upon all
leaders, to combine resources, to overcome
imbalances, to strengthen cohesion and
complete as one dream, one people and one
nation, That’s 1Malaysia.”
• The Malaysian flag was adopted on Sept 16,1963.
• The flag was designed by Mohamed Hamzah
• A 29-year old.
Random Facts #1
• Malaysia consists of 13 states and 3 federal
• Malaysia is divided into two main regions, West
Malaysia (Peninsular) and East Malaysia
• The highest point in Malaysia is formed by
Mount Kinabalu (4,100 m).
Random Facts #2
•The longest King Cobra in the world, measuring
5.54m, was captured alive in Port Dickson, in April 1937.
•Clearwater Cave of Malaysia is the longest cave in
Southeast Asia, stretching over 100 km.
•The largest undivided leaf in the world, Alocasia
macrorrhiza, is found in Sabah.
•The largest flower of the world, Rafflesia, is found in the
rainforest of Malaysia.
• 1 Jan New Year's Day. • 31 Aug Merdeka Day (National
•1 Feb Federal Territory Day.
• 10 Sep Hari Raya Puasa (End of
• 14 Feb Chinese New Year. Ramadan).
• 26 Feb Mawlid al-Nabi, • 5 Nov Deepavali.
(Birth of Prophet Muhammad).
• 16 Nov - 17 Nov Hari Raya Qurban
• 28 Apr Wesak Day (Birth of (Feast of the Sacrifice).
• 7 Dec Awal Muharram (Islamic New
• 1 May Labour Day. Year).
• 5 Jun King's Birthday. • 25 Dec Christmas
• 1) Badminton
• 2) Bowling
• 3) Football (Soccer)
• 4) Sepak Raga (Sepaktakraw)-
Sepak Raga means to kick Rattan Ball
• 5) Kite Flying
• 6) Swimming
• 7) Grand Prix (Motor racing)
• The history of badminton shows that it had its roots in an old
children’s game in England known as battledore and shuttlecock.
• The International Badminton Federation (IBF) that was started in
1934 now has more than 130 member countries.
• Badminton is for fun not that much effort in required.
• Bowling was introduced to Malaysia in
• In 1970 they had their first overseas
success when they won 8 out of 9 gold
medals in Hong Kong.
• Bowling is one of the most played sports in
• The national team of Malaysia is nicknamed the Tigers, because the
tiger is a national symbol of Malaysia.
• Their main rivals are Singapore (which are nicknamed the Lions)
• Their first international game they lost.
Korea Republic 3 - Malaysia 2
• Military Branches:
• Malaysian Armed Forces
(Angkatan Tentera Malaysia, ATM)
• Malaysian Army
(Tentera Darat Malaysia),
• Royal Malaysian Navy
(Tentera Laut Diraja Malaysia, TLDM),
• Royal Malaysian Air Force
(Tentera Udara Diraja Malaysia, TUDM) (2010)